Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

I was On a wait list, was told December 12th they would be in. Which was perfect since that’s when I would be home from out of town. Well, they came in yesterday, and I’m no where near home so I lost my spot. I’m not going to bother with a trident and just get a GHL tester instead
 
I was On a wait list, was told December 12th they would be in. Which was perfect since that’s when I would be home from out of town. Well, they came in yesterday, and I’m no where near home so I lost my spot. I’m not going to bother with a trident and just get a GHL tester instead
Did you tell the store your circumstances? My lfs held my trident for 2 weeks while I was out of town. I just called them up and gave them a heads up that I was out of town and wouldn’t be able to pick it up.
 
Did you tell the store your circumstances? My lfs held my trident for 2 weeks while I was out of town. I just called them up and gave them a heads up that I was out of town and wouldn’t be able to pick it up.

Yup, they said I’d be out on the bottom of the list (30+ people) because of the long wait list, they can’t hold it. Which is fine, I won’t shop there again either.
I’ll most likely go GHL , as it seems easier to obtain. I may even sell all my Apex gear and go full GHL
 
Yup, they said I’d be out on the bottom of the list (30+ people) because of the long wait list, they can’t hold it. Which is fine, I won’t shop there again either.
I’ll most likely go GHL , as it seems easier to obtain. I may even sell all my Apex gear and go full GHL
Are u still wanting one
 
Check the big web sites. They have been in stock quite a bit lately. My local club always posts when someone sees them in stock. So if you have a local fish club or fb group ask around.
 
I’ve seen them in stock more lately, too. I don’t know if Neptune held units in reserve for Black Friday and the Christmas season or if they’re just slowly catching up with demand. Maybe a bit of both.

Like others have commented, I suspect Neptune miscalculated with the Trident. Either the demand was significantly higher than they planned for, or the production was significantly slower. Either way, I can guarantee you they’re not intentionally holding production down to limit the number of units available and I’m not sure what else they could have done differently.
 
I’ve seen them in stock more lately, too. I don’t know if Neptune held units in reserve for Black Friday and the Christmas season or if they’re just slowly catching up with demand. Maybe a bit of both.

Like others have commented, I suspect Neptune miscalculated with the Trident. Either the demand was significantly higher than they planned for, or the production was significantly slower. Either way, I can guarantee you they’re not intentionally holding production down to limit the number of units available and I’m not sure what else they could have done differently.

They are assembling them all in-house, my guess is that they didn’t want to hire/train a bunch of employees to meet a temporary demand.
 
Lol the whole answer of check the big retailers isn’t exactly as easy as y’all think, still comes down to chance and if u get that window but if not nope it ain’t happening
 
nope, I’m probably going to go GHL, at least they know that when they release a product that’s going to be in demand, they mass produce it. If not, I don’t really need an automatic tester.
That is BS. My lfs had no problem holding it and they had just as long of a waiting list. Did you pay before or pay after?
 
Just be patient. You’ll get a trident eventually. I waited about a year. Got on the list August 2018 got one July 2019
 
I will admit i waited until about a month ago and finally bit the bullet and bought one on here for 900. Was it worth it, EVERY PENNY!!!! My tank has never been so stable as i have the trident tied in with my Deltec Twin Tech calcium reactor and keeps the levels right were i need them.
 
They told me they only allow payment when picking up.

I’ve been on the wait list since March this year. My LFS just sucks
Yeah I would just go to another lfs. I don’t tolerate incompetent stores with poor customer service. You’ll get a trident eventually. I have one and it was worth the year wait.
 
nope, I’m probably going to go GHL, at least they know that when they release a product that’s going to be in demand, they mass produce it. If not, I don’t really need an automatic tester.
I, by no means, am telling you what to do. But I think you'll regret that decision, regardless of what the LFS has or hasn't done to you, it's not Neptune's fault. Is the Trident hard to get? Absolutely. I was lucky enough to be in this thread when someone posted that BRS had them in stock and I managed to get one. I was 5 lists for one (BRS, Marine Depot, Saltwater Aquarium, and two LFS). One LFS said they could order me one the end of November and I'd have it when their dry-good shipment came in. You already have an Apex, be patient and get the trident. Check with other LFS, also check some LFS that aren't so local (I'm still on a list with a LFS about 2.5 hours from me that said they would accept payment through paypal when my name comes up). My trident has been up and running for about 3 weeks and it was well worth the money and VERY LONG wait (especially after failing to get one numerous times)

*Saltwater Aquarium has a secret FB group (Saltwater Insiders) where they announce when Tridents will be in stock

**EDIT** And FWIW I am one the last people that my friends and family thought would spend the money on the trident, when they first came out I thought they were a waste of $600. My dad actually called me out on it when I received mine. Manual testing got real old, real quick for me once I started dosing BRS 2-part so I could then justify the $600 for one
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top