It's 2018!! What big plans do you have for your reef?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
38,516
Reaction score
67,449
Location
Fontana, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking at rebooting my reef as it has not ended 2017 well at all. I'll be planning to revive it and hopefully take it to the next level.

I'm also planning to finally bring the frag system online.

What are your big reefing plans for this year?
 
I am going with a auto water change.
 
My tank is just starting to tick over somewhat nicely - major plans are to tidy up some loose ends, probably add some corals from each of three reefing events that happen within a few hours' drive, learn more stuff and share it where it's appropriate.

Probably add more fish, too - but try to do that at a more sedate pace than in the past.

~Bruce
 
Continue to try and beat the GHA and Aiptasia, watch my corals grow. May be looking for a new home this spring/summer, so there's a possibility of a shut down due to the PITA a move would be to deal with a tank when both selling and buying a new home.
 
My new 180g build! Parts arrive this week so I can get the overflow drilled and in place, along with both returns for the corners. Waiting on some more black acrylic for my sump as I changed the design around, and building funds back up to purchase the gyre250x2 for flow.
 
Get my 60 cube stabilized and be able to grow corals in there. Fish are happy as clams :D but not able to grow even simple corals at the moment. Suspect it's high nitrates or some rogue chemical in the tank.
No more corals until nitrates are under control.
On a more positive note the Seahorses are thriving and will be moving to a bigger house, my old Elos midi which will be recomissioned.
 
I have decided too go bigger .. I want to upgrade too a red Sea 500 peninsula.. so I will be saving like mad since the girlfriend just ok’d it !!!!
LOL
 
1) Setup my auto doser given by a forumer as a Christmas gift (still in transit somewhere in this world)

2) Build a proper add on cabinets for a few things including item 1 above

3) Another round of coral frags hunting at south china sea

4) Watching my aussie strawberry shortcake coming back to life (I thought it was dead, but I saw the tissues are coming back to life)
 
The RS 66 gal: Keep it stable with good coral growth and add a few more corals. Hopefully nothing major in 2018
The new 125 build: Get it up and going with water by March and fish and coral by June, and keep it stable and go slow!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top