Its upgrade time again 125 gallon (48x30x20)

Thanks everyone. Yes its a giant efflo on the right side of the tank. Its actually purple tipped with neon green polyps. Over the tank I have 2 tek fixtures, 1 6 bulb and 1 4 bulb fixture making a total of 10x54w. I also just picked up 6 seahorses for my 40 gallon fuge 5 of them are ora seahorses.
 
horses1of3.jpg

horses2of3.jpg

horses3of3.jpg
 
seahorses are awesome. What do you have in the new tank? Also, can you show us close ups of your corals please. Tank looks great!
 
Here are a few close ups.

Garf bonsai
closeups1of10copy.jpg


Eddy's purple monster
closeups2of10copy.jpg


Ice fire echinata
closeups3of10copy.jpg


Pink Lemonade
closeups4of10copy.jpg


closeups10of10copy.jpg


closeups5of10copy.jpg


closeups6of10copy.jpg


closeups7of10copy.jpg


closeups8of10copy.jpg


closeups9of10copy.jpg
 
Ok I was having a problem on my end
Nice collection, very happy looking sps you got there,
What bulbs are you running???
 
3 ati blue plus
2 super actinic
3 11k aquablue special
1 ati procolor
1 fiji purple
 
Stitched two shots to expose the tank and stand right. Here are my crappy photoshop skills.
tankshot2of2sept14thsmall.jpg
 
love the stand.. love the dims..
hate the lights :(

Get a powermodule and be done with it!!

I'm using a 6 bulb powermodule over my 120g.. I thought it wasn't going to be enough light and had it around 8" above waterline, I was W-R-O-N-G.. My corals were starting to bleach so I had to move it up to about 18".

btw- Do you have any finished equipment shots? sump? skimmer? plumbing?

That stand is beautiful... good job
 
Last edited:
I absolutely love this tank! It is gorgeous!
 
that just makes me that much more excited about getting my new tank.

How do you like the T5's for lighting? I was thinking about 3 400watt Radiums in Luminarch reflectors, and T5 suppliments.

I would really like the go the T5 route, but am affraid it wont be enough for the SPS. Also in the past I have seen paly's that have much more color variations visible under halides, that were not seen under the T5's.

Any thoughts on this?

BTW, the tank looks great, and i LOVE the stand.
 
Concretereefer, I know. I much rather have had a 10 bulb power module, but the cost difference was too extreme since I already had a 6 bulb tek fixture. No finished shots yet. I need to clean the wiring up before I take a shot, haha.

Rickyrooz, the old tank was 48x18x18. I basically gained just on the depth (width).

revhtree and roshi719, thanks. It turned out better than expected.

JuniorMC8704, I really like my t5s. However it is lacking on actinic pop. Most colors are just as good at MH's, however some do not show up as well. I have MH's on my frag tank so I can see a big difference when I move things from one tank to the other. T5s are more than enough for sps though, I've never had a problem with t5s and sps. They are much more efficient than MH's so less wattage = more wattage with MH's.
 
T5's-
If you go with the right ballast/reflector combo are as good if not better than MH..

I actually had to move my light up because it was just to much.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top