JDowns Red Sea Reefer 525XL Ver. 2.0

I smell a print off! Awesome job! Will follow be following along.

Yes but @dantimdad has all the moves!

giphy.gif
 
Uhm evidently you saw me in the clubs in the 80s HAHAHAHAHA!

You got the moves like Jagger!

Ordered the new replacement doors today and started to design the equipment side false front, but since everything on this tank is application controlled just going to go with a large touchscreen rather than a bunch of exposed controllers like the other tank.

IMG_1780.jpg
 
Since the next tank is going to be all touchscreen controlled and with custom glass doors. I decided I need to do a little modification to Fusion and create a dark theme. Just need to track down any bugs in any pages.

This is off the current 525xl that is setup.

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 8.49.28 PM.png
 
I...I did not know we could do that.

It's not something Fusion supports natively. I used a css editor extension for Chrome to create a script that overwrites the default css settings at run time.
 
I...I did not know we could do that.

You can use Magic CSS as an extension for Chrome. I should have the theme done within the next few nights. If you want a copy I can post the code here so you can copy and paste into the code editor. You can re-color the elements from there, as Magic CSS has a color selector and you can view the changes in real-time.
 
That would be awesome. Thank you

Got this almost done during lunch today. Fixed a few alignment issues that also bugged me in the dashboard. The dashboard displays are either not centered or don't line up with the sliders. I know it's only a few pixels, but it is noticeable.

I figured I should also send someone over at Neptune a message and make sure I'm not ruffling any feathers here. But this looks really good behind smoked glass. All of the white really pops while everything else becomes very muted, so its very unobtrusive on the eyes as a permanent display.

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 1.48.53 PM.png
 
Doors should be here in a couple weeks. I need to decide how I'm going to mount the screen. I have two options as I see it. I have a Asus 15.6" touchscreen here already that I can repurpose. Plan is to use a mini-pc stick to drive the dashboard, and that will give me freedom to add other applications to the screen such as my CO2 monitoring solution.

Use a vesa mount and attach the face to the screen to fill the void, or attach the screen to the face and use door hinges to create a door within a door. Option 2 is a pita, but would be the best overall solution so I'm not constantly fitting with the vesa mount.

I contacted Cronos Designs to do the doors. The hole borings will match the existing doors so I can use the existing hinges without any modifications.

https://cronosdesign.com/en/cabinet-doors/aluminum-frame-cabinet-doors/corleone-877/

That is the frames I'll be using with Parsol Graphite glass.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 8.28.41 AM.png
 
You actually have more 3d printed stuff than I do.

I think I've finished all the parts that need to be 3D printed, and the printer is breathing a sigh of relief. There has been a lot of custom parts for this build. 89 pieces for a total of 1329 grams of material.

Edit: Forgot the Nero Upgrade parts. 109 pieces for a total of 1425 grams of material.
 
Last edited:
Slowly making progress on this thing. Still waiting on the glass doors, but they should be here this week.

Finished the hidden door for the touchscreen that is recessed behind the glass doors. Pretty much satisfied with the scape at this point which is a good thing since I cemented some of the structure together. :p

Added a night light to go along with the under cabinet lighting that will be on for a certain time of the day so the sump can be seen behind the glass.

IMG_1937.jpg


Equipment side all buttoned up. Yes I ran out of silver screws that were long enough for the Vesa mount. Don't hang me.

IMG_1939.JPG


IMG_1940.JPG


Going to try and get this moved into its final spot in the next few weeks and start the cycle process while I redesign the equipment room and mixing station.
 
Starting on the design ideas for the redo of the equipment room.

Mixing station will be (2) 50 gallon tanks, one for RO the other for Salt. (1) 25 gallon tank for Kalk. (3) 3 gallon tanks for alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium (may never use this though since I'm going AWC). Storage below for salt and supplies. Plenty of shelving space to get things organized. Also working on a mobile fragging, water testing, cart that is 20" x 20" with a foldable end to extend to 40" x 20".

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.10.59 PM.png


Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.11.24 PM.png
 
Ya know, you could actually spend some time planning this thing instead of just throwing it all together and hoping it works.

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top