Just how far do you let Aiptasia go?

I recently discovered what I thought were only 2. The next day I discovered another one. I’m pretty sure the original came in on a zoa frag from a national distributor. I talked to my trusted LFS and they loaned me a “Mojano Wand”. I went online and watched a tutorial on its use. Pretty straight forward stuff so I forged ahead. While I was watching them “melt to snot”, just as my LFS described, I discovered 2 more tiny ones in the same area as the original. The downside is that I still have one imbedded in some zoas that I can’t seem to destroy, because I can’t see the base, so I’m considering removing the frag chunk and sacrificing the zoas. Overall I’m very impressed with the wand and am fortunate to have the support of my LFS as the wand ain’t cheap. I had several in this tank a couple of years ago and got s pair of peppermints. Once the aptasia were gone they destroyed 2 multi-head Acans and were immediately and forever banned from my tank. Just another option.
 
what if you have big bubble tip anemone and lots of flower rock anemone? will they not eat shrimp and slugs ? And will they sting the stinging aiptasia? Curious minds what to know!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top