Just wanted to share my DIY Lids!

It looks like you machine /cut the edges so the lids rests on the tank and doesn't slide off. Can you share the bit you use for that purpose?
Yes I do! I use these. You can find cheaper ones at harbor freight etc.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2285.png
    IMG_2285.png
    259.7 KB · Views: 44
1/8” bit above and 3/32 window spline works perfect. I like to drag a razor blade or knife down the groove to take the sharp edges off “or a piece of sand paper” it helps when installing the mesh and keeps it from cutting the mesh when installing it.
Oh this is a super good idea too. I almost thought about buying two 1/8 pieces of polycarbonate and sandwiching them together to make the place where the netting is installed look more clean.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top