Killing off some pink/gold zoas

Now practically everyone knows how poisonous they are. It´s no ideer to say you didn´t know.
If you sell them you must have an insurance and let the buyer sign a that he read a paper which explains how dangerous they are.
In Sweden we had an instance with the man three days in hospital and the wife two days. He is not fully recovered. It was three years ago.
One man in Gothenburg had to retire after a Paly poisoning. There are more cases here.
When a layer gets grip on such a case you have big trouble.
I have a small shop but I dont dare to sell Palys.
Insurance, really? If commonsense is that lacking then said person should consider a new hobby. It's the tank owners responsibility to know what he's got in his tank. I've kept palys for many years and my family has never been hospitalized due to my hobby. C'mon, insurance and waivers. Good grief.
 
I’ve got Pandoras and Texas trash palys in my tank too. They grow like crazy. I usually kill them back. I’ve been thinking of pulling the rock or and replacing it. They’re just too invasive.

I wouldn’t give them to anyone knowing what they’ll do in their tank too.
 
Yes it is possible to Palythoa safe. But if you sell and the customer says you didnt inform you are in trouble.
I have seen a manual with a note that you cant dry a cat in a tumbler. I guess someone has tried that. And sued the manufacturer.
I have a mini electric barbeque with a manual that states that you shall not touch the hot areas with your fingers. I guess someone has tried that. And sued the manufacturer.
 
Yes it is possible to Palythoa safe. But if you sell and the customer says you didnt inform you are in trouble.
I have seen a manual with a note that you cant dry a cat in a tumbler. I guess someone has tried that. And sued the manufacturer.
I have a mini electric barbeque with a manual that states that you shall not touch the hot areas with your fingers. I guess someone has tried that. And sued the manufacturer.
Ok, selling as a buisness I get it. Can't fix stupid and yes, don't throw your cat in the dryer. A reefer helping another reefer giving free coral, no waiver needed.
 
I have also thought about just covering the rocks that are affected with another rock. I figure the shading will starve them out. (Or at least slow them down.)
I have given away many of them to fellow reefers with fair warning. Everyone I have given them to has expressed the ridiculous growth rate of these pink/golds.
And just as an extra precaution to the toxins released. Would adding extra carbon aid in reduction of the toxins?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top