Kurkis493 - 120 gallon SPS system.

Continue with the cell phone pics...

Joe Knows Reefs Rainbow and a Maricultured Milli
Ybh9mH2.jpg


Yeah...
an8xRjx.jpg


I've photographed this one all yellow and over the last couple of weeks it has continued to change colors.
fbgegLG.jpg



Just got this in the last week - I suspect once it starts to darken up it will not glow like this anymore. Enjoy it while I can.
B0M8zjc.jpg
 
I've fielded a couple PMs about tank progress over the last few weeks. Small update.

We bought a house and are moving in mid-November so the tank will be coming down. I don't plan on getting rid of anything and will set-up a larger system once we settle into the new place. With the temp swings we get during the summer months I've had some issues with coral browning and STN. I'm starting a small pile of coral skeletons on my porch. Its pretty frustrating and while I cannot really narrow down the true problem (because temp swings could easily just be a cop-out since they are expected in the summer) I set my chiller back-up and stopped running the Zeovit system because I am wondering if it is doing more harm than good. I'm just running Seachem Matrix Biomedia in my Zeovit reactor now and adding Zeobak a couple of times a week. I still use Biomate twice a week for PO4 but have stopped everything else including Zeostart3 dosing. I'm hoping with the tank being on the more mature side now, the corals themselves will do their job to help keep nutrients low.

Hopefully things are back on track and I can get a few more shots nice shots before the tank comes down.

Here is a nice progression shot, everything in this part of my tank is filling in nicely.

D7umAcs.jpg
 
Sweet!
 
This tank is a work of art....;)
 
Long time no see, that last picture looks awesome. Congrats on the new house, good luck on the move!
 
Any updates? How did the move go?
 
I've fielded a couple PMs about tank progress over the last few weeks. Small update.

We bought a house and are moving in mid-November so the tank will be coming down. I don't plan on getting rid of anything and will set-up a larger system once we settle into the new place. With the temp swings we get during the summer months I've had some issues with coral browning and STN. I'm starting a small pile of coral skeletons on my porch. Its pretty frustrating and while I cannot really narrow down the true problem (because temp swings could easily just be a cop-out since they are expected in the summer) I set my chiller back-up and stopped running the Zeovit system because I am wondering if it is doing more harm than good. I'm just running Seachem Matrix Biomedia in my Zeovit reactor now and adding Zeobak a couple of times a week. I still use Biomate twice a week for PO4 but have stopped everything else including Zeostart3 dosing. I'm hoping with the tank being on the more mature side now, the corals themselves will do their job to help keep nutrients low.

Hopefully things are back on track and I can get a few more shots nice shots before the tank comes down.

Here is a nice progression shot, everything in this part of my tank is filling in nicely.

D7umAcs.jpg
I'm curious about the yellow coral in the middle. Is that an anacropora? What's the name?
 
He is local to me......I don't think he has done with shifting and arranging stuffs yet. Some local reefers are holding his stuffs so possibly we will see him back.
 
Yea this tank has been torn down since he moved.

I actually have that piece in my frag tank it is an Aussie spongodes.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top