lack of p/e in display tank?

All coral foods are a joke.
But PE is not “only” used for gas exchange
 
Who ever said that it was only used for gas exchange? Is the main stumbling block here? Logic? ***** is only HAS to be used for unrination, but it can be used for other things. Saying that the acropora only HAS to use the polyps for gas exchange does not mean that all other uses are null and void. I do not recall that anybody has ever said this.

Not being able to process that the gas exchange part is the most likely to tell you about health, although confusing, is the only actionable part for a hobbyist to worry about. Would should this not be the focus? I would hate for some uninformed person who stumbled across this thread to tell a friend that more PE is better and then have the tank crash with too much ammonia... when the gas exchange side of the coral was tell the hobbyist all that they needed to know if they got the right info to see it.

Also, I only sat that coral foods are a joke to acropora... mostly. Logic applies here, too. Can be very useful with other types of "coral," so the blanket statement is dangerous.

You have started to come a long way... saw you post the other day about some type of coral (forgot which type) getting nitrogen from Ammonia/Ammonia, so this is a good start... so come a bit farther.

Perhaps that post was hyperbole and I missed it.
 
Who ever said that it was only used for gas exchange? Is the main stumbling block here? Logic? ***** is only HAS to be used for unrination, but it can be used for other things. Saying that the acropora only HAS to use the polyps for gas exchange does not mean that all other uses are null and void. I do not recall that anybody has ever said this.

Not being able to process that the gas exchange part is the most likely to tell you about health, although confusing, is the only actionable part for a hobbyist to worry about. Would should this not be the focus? I would hate for some uninformed person who stumbled across this thread to tell a friend that more PE is better and then have the tank crash with too much ammonia... when the gas exchange side of the coral was tell the hobbyist all that they needed to know if they got the right info to see it.

Also, I only sat that coral foods are a joke to acropora... mostly. Logic applies here, too. Can be very useful with other types of "coral," so the blanket statement is dangerous.

You have started to come a long way... saw you post the other day about some type of coral (forgot which type) getting nitrogen from Ammonia/Ammonia, so this is a good start... so come a bit farther.

Perhaps that post was hyperbole and I missed it.
You said it in post #7
And you’ve said anytime PE has been brought up and I’ve said many times that Polyp retraction is a sign of stress on Acropora, montiporas, lps, etc. I agree if your acros are colorful and growing and the flesh looks healthy than don’t worry about PE. But if the acro had PE and now has none, something is causing stress.

Ive never debated ammonia/ammonium with you. Couldn’t agree more. I believe sps noobs would be better off in the beginning with slightly elevated no3/po4 than what you keep bc we both agree the test results don’t tell the real story.
 
I did not say in post #7 that polyps are only used for gas exchange. Where did I say that? I said that is all that corals really need them for.

No doubt that changes in PE are something to pay attention to. This is about all that PE can tell you... is that something changed.
 
I did not say in post #7 that polyps are only used for gas exchange. Where did I say that? I said that is all that corals really need them for.

No doubt that changes in PE are something to pay attention to. This is about all that PE can tell you... is that something changed.
Ok.
I guess I misunderstood

I believe no PE is a red flag
That’s all
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top