late to the party build thread ! (3 years late)

Welcome. I don’t do Instagram. Ever since that incident in 2017 when I thought it was a service where I got cookies delivered instantly I was banned:D. So I am glad you joined our family.

Anyway, that tank is killing it. Your photography as well. There are a few of us around that remember the UGF days, Paul B is on here and one of the pioneers. Be interested in your stories. And keep the pics coming.

1595456456724.gif
 
Hello everyone at REEF2REEF!

My name is Cat, some may know me as @takeabreakhaveakitcat_
It seams I'm fashionably late to the party here on R2R as my current aquarium has been set up for 3 years now.

A little background on my time in the hobby.. well I guess I've always been in it, my father was a keen reefer and was in the hobby since before I ever existed 34 years ago, I've had the fortune of watching the hobby evolve from under gravel filters (that smell ;Yuck) wooden air block skimmers and brown corals to what it is today.

Screenshot_20200721-121110_Instagram.jpg


Screenshot_20200721-121152_Instagram.jpg





My current tank is the Red sea reefer 350. I changed the sump to a custom sump, I had always dreamed of having a super girly aquarium, what better way than a bight barbie pink sump complete with love hearts

FROM THIS

Screenshot_20200721-121756_Instagram.jpg



TO THIS


Screenshot_20200721-122234_Instagram.jpg



EQUIPTMENT LIST :

Aquailluminations Hydra 26 hds
Jecod sw-8 wavemakers
Jecod DCP - 6500 DC pump
Tunze Eco Chic 8831
Nyos Quantum 120
Marine pure spheres

I have just got the GHL Profilux 4 and slave doser, I look forward to giving updates on that soon !

I'm currently using Red Sea blue bucket salt and dosing Red Seas foundation supplement's A,B,C,.
the corals I feed a mix of meaty foods (whatever I'm feeding the fish, mysis, brine etc) and polyplabs reefroids, I LOVE the stuff, especially as now I can successfully keep goniopora !

My aquarium is a mixed reef, I absolutely love the movement of the LPS corals against the hard structure of SPS. I'm for sure more of a coral girl than a fish girl although anybody who knows me will say Gary (my borbonius) and Precious (my clownfish) are my babies, I even have them tattooed on me. !

Screenshot_20200721-122143_Instagram 1.jpg



Talking of fish, my fish stock is as follows :

borbonius anthias
pair of clownfish
yellow tang
lyretail anthias
flame hawk

I feed them twice daily, first feed of the day is pellets and some easy reefs masstick to graze through the day along with the tangs Nori, then in the evening they have marine cuisine, mysis or brine shrimp.




Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg


I absolutely love to take photographs of my aquarium, I'm hoping you enjoy looking at them !
There will be much more to come from me on here as I upgrade my equipment and hopefully take my reef to the next level !

If you have made it this far reading this THANK YOU !

Screenshot_20200721-121110_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121152_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121756_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-122234_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-122143_Instagram 1.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200721-121342_Instagram.jpg


Screenshot_20200721-121417_Instagram.jpg
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
 
Hello everyone at REEF2REEF!

My name is Cat, some may know me as @takeabreakhaveakitcat_
It seams I'm fashionably late to the party here on R2R as my current aquarium has been set up for 3 years now.

A little background on my time in the hobby.. well I guess I've always been in it, my father was a keen reefer and was in the hobby since before I ever existed 34 years ago, I've had the fortune of watching the hobby evolve from under gravel filters (that smell ;Yuck) wooden air block skimmers and brown corals to what it is today.

Screenshot_20200721-121110_Instagram.jpg


Screenshot_20200721-121152_Instagram.jpg





My current tank is the Red sea reefer 350. I changed the sump to a custom sump, I had always dreamed of having a super girly aquarium, what better way than a bight barbie pink sump complete with love hearts

FROM THIS

Screenshot_20200721-121756_Instagram.jpg



TO THIS


Screenshot_20200721-122234_Instagram.jpg



EQUIPTMENT LIST :

Aquailluminations Hydra 26 hds
Jecod sw-8 wavemakers
Jecod DCP - 6500 DC pump
Tunze Eco Chic 8831
Nyos Quantum 120
Marine pure spheres

I have just got the GHL Profilux 4 and slave doser, I look forward to giving updates on that soon !

I'm currently using Red Sea blue bucket salt and dosing Red Seas foundation supplement's A,B,C,.
the corals I feed a mix of meaty foods (whatever I'm feeding the fish, mysis, brine etc) and polyplabs reefroids, I LOVE the stuff, especially as now I can successfully keep goniopora !

My aquarium is a mixed reef, I absolutely love the movement of the LPS corals against the hard structure of SPS. I'm for sure more of a coral girl than a fish girl although anybody who knows me will say Gary (my borbonius) and Precious (my clownfish) are my babies, I even have them tattooed on me. !

Screenshot_20200721-122143_Instagram 1.jpg



Talking of fish, my fish stock is as follows :

borbonius anthias
pair of clownfish
yellow tang
lyretail anthias
flame hawk

I feed them twice daily, first feed of the day is pellets and some easy reefs masstick to graze through the day along with the tangs Nori, then in the evening they have marine cuisine, mysis or brine shrimp.




Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg


I absolutely love to take photographs of my aquarium, I'm hoping you enjoy looking at them !
There will be much more to come from me on here as I upgrade my equipment and hopefully take my reef to the next level !

If you have made it this far reading this THANK YOU !

Screenshot_20200721-121110_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121152_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121756_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-122234_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-122143_Instagram 1.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200721-121342_Instagram.jpg


Screenshot_20200721-121417_Instagram.jpg
Wow beautiful tank and corals.
 
What a beauty and Great Job
 
Very beautiful tank and colors your glass is so clean no coralone algae how do you keep it so clean, oh and more pics I love them!!
 
Hello everyone at REEF2REEF!

My name is Cat, some may know me as @takeabreakhaveakitcat_
It seams I'm fashionably late to the party here on R2R as my current aquarium has been set up for 3 years now.

A little background on my time in the hobby.. well I guess I've always been in it, my father was a keen reefer and was in the hobby since before I ever existed 34 years ago, I've had the fortune of watching the hobby evolve from under gravel filters (that smell ;Yuck) wooden air block skimmers and brown corals to what it is today.

Screenshot_20200721-121110_Instagram.jpg


Screenshot_20200721-121152_Instagram.jpg





My current tank is the Red sea reefer 350. I changed the sump to a custom sump, I had always dreamed of having a super girly aquarium, what better way than a bight barbie pink sump complete with love hearts

FROM THIS

Screenshot_20200721-121756_Instagram.jpg



TO THIS


Screenshot_20200721-122234_Instagram.jpg



EQUIPTMENT LIST :

Aquailluminations Hydra 26 hds
Jecod sw-8 wavemakers
Jecod DCP - 6500 DC pump
Tunze Eco Chic 8831
Nyos Quantum 120
Marine pure spheres

I have just got the GHL Profilux 4 and slave doser, I look forward to giving updates on that soon !

I'm currently using Red Sea blue bucket salt and dosing Red Seas foundation supplement's A,B,C,.
the corals I feed a mix of meaty foods (whatever I'm feeding the fish, mysis, brine etc) and polyplabs reefroids, I LOVE the stuff, especially as now I can successfully keep goniopora !

My aquarium is a mixed reef, I absolutely love the movement of the LPS corals against the hard structure of SPS. I'm for sure more of a coral girl than a fish girl although anybody who knows me will say Gary (my borbonius) and Precious (my clownfish) are my babies, I even have them tattooed on me. !

Screenshot_20200721-122143_Instagram 1.jpg



Talking of fish, my fish stock is as follows :

borbonius anthias
pair of clownfish
yellow tang
lyretail anthias
flame hawk

I feed them twice daily, first feed of the day is pellets and some easy reefs masstick to graze through the day along with the tangs Nori, then in the evening they have marine cuisine, mysis or brine shrimp.




Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg


I absolutely love to take photographs of my aquarium, I'm hoping you enjoy looking at them !
There will be much more to come from me on here as I upgrade my equipment and hopefully take my reef to the next level !

If you have made it this far reading this THANK YOU !

Screenshot_20200721-121110_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121152_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121756_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-122234_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-122143_Instagram 1.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200721-121342_Instagram.jpg


Screenshot_20200721-121417_Instagram.jpg
Absolutely Stunning! Thank you for sharing. Also not on instagram, but will make an account just so I can see more of your beautiful reef
 
Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg


I absolutely love to take photographs of my aquarium, I'm hoping you enjoy looking at them !
There will be much more to come from me on here as I upgrade my equipment and hopefully take my

I've seen a lot of amazing tanks, and some pretty spectacular photos.

You have an amazing and beautifully colored tank.

As far as your one photo....
I never have seen such a amazing photo taken from Bottom up, with Reflection off the Surface.
It's sureal...

Your tank (inhabitant) colors selection, mix and layout is stunning in that Shot.
Fish got into it just right on cue (which is tough)

The outdoor light enhancing the reflection.

I'm in Awe.

Now I guess I should read the rest of your intro.......
 
Hello everyone at REEF2REEF!

My name is Cat, some may know me as @takeabreakhaveakitcat_
It seams I'm fashionably late to the party here on R2R as my current aquarium has been set up for 3 years now.

A little background on my time in the hobby.. well I guess I've always been in it, my father was a keen reefer and was in the hobby since before I ever existed 34 years ago, I've had the fortune of watching the hobby evolve from under gravel filters (that smell ;Yuck) wooden air block skimmers and brown corals to what it is today.

Screenshot_20200721-121110_Instagram.jpg


Screenshot_20200721-121152_Instagram.jpg





My current tank is the Red sea reefer 350. I changed the sump to a custom sump, I had always dreamed of having a super girly aquarium, what better way than a bight barbie pink sump complete with love hearts

FROM THIS

Screenshot_20200721-121756_Instagram.jpg



TO THIS


Screenshot_20200721-122234_Instagram.jpg



EQUIPTMENT LIST :

Aquailluminations Hydra 26 hds
Jecod sw-8 wavemakers
Jecod DCP - 6500 DC pump
Tunze Eco Chic 8831
Nyos Quantum 120
Marine pure spheres

I have just got the GHL Profilux 4 and slave doser, I look forward to giving updates on that soon !

I'm currently using Red Sea blue bucket salt and dosing Red Seas foundation supplement's A,B,C,.
the corals I feed a mix of meaty foods (whatever I'm feeding the fish, mysis, brine etc) and polyplabs reefroids, I LOVE the stuff, especially as now I can successfully keep goniopora !

My aquarium is a mixed reef, I absolutely love the movement of the LPS corals against the hard structure of SPS. I'm for sure more of a coral girl than a fish girl although anybody who knows me will say Gary (my borbonius) and Precious (my clownfish) are my babies, I even have them tattooed on me. !

Screenshot_20200721-122143_Instagram 1.jpg



Talking of fish, my fish stock is as follows :

borbonius anthias
pair of clownfish
yellow tang
lyretail anthias
flame hawk

I feed them twice daily, first feed of the day is pellets and some easy reefs masstick to graze through the day along with the tangs Nori, then in the evening they have marine cuisine, mysis or brine shrimp.




Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg


I absolutely love to take photographs of my aquarium, I'm hoping you enjoy looking at them !
There will be much more to come from me on here as I upgrade my equipment and hopefully take my reef to the next level !

If you have made it this far reading this THANK YOU !

Screenshot_20200721-121110_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121152_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121756_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-122234_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200721-122143_Instagram 1.jpg Screenshot_20200721-121438_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200721-121342_Instagram.jpg


Screenshot_20200721-121417_Instagram.jpg
Beautiful tank and pictures Cat, very pretty indeed!
 
Great tank! Would you care to share your lighting schedule and nutrients please.
 
Welcome, love the colours and layout.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top