Lets see those corals on your back glass or overflows.

Do you grow corals on your back glass?

  • Not on purpose.

    Votes: 229 37.7%
  • Yes, for Aquascaping.

    Votes: 178 29.3%
  • No, scrape the back clean.

    Votes: 200 32.9%

  • Total voters
    607
Thank you
No problem. I get the two pack from Wal-Mart. I find the loctite brand easier to work with when mounting frags. I count 20 Mississippis while holding the frag in place underwater on the location I want it in my tank.
Screenshot_2018-11-14-02-25-44.png
 
No problem. I get the two pack from Wal-Mart. I find the loctite brand easier to work with when mounting frags. I count 20 Mississippis while holding the frag in place underwater on the location I want it in my tank.
Screenshot_2018-11-14-02-25-44.png
I’ll have to pick some up this weekend I’ve been wanting to put some on my overflows just wasn’t sure the best way to do it thanks again
 
Do you think the super glue will hold my Duncan to the rock or should I use something else?
IMG_20181030_163335.jpeg
 
Loving this thread, particularly the sps growing up the back of the tanks, insane.
 
Do you think the super glue will hold my Duncan to the rock or should I use something else?
IMG_20181030_163335.jpeg
It will hold. I use a cheap toothbrush to scrub the area in the tank where I'm going to mount the frag. It removes algae and debris. Gives a clean surface for the glue to adhere to.
 
Mr. Freeze Leptoseris and blue and John deer leptastrea.

63B780C7-1BBE-445F-8AAF-D00CA9FE2222.jpeg BC3E6EBA-4D53-4FDA-967B-39609EB00CF8.jpeg
 
Awesome photos! Here’s my purple-polyped Monti attached to and growing up the overflow box (by design). I love covering the back wall and box with coral.

Thanks to all for their cool pics!
BC9906FE-44F7-4DFD-BFAD-DD4BAC25D9F0.jpeg
What is the green monti to left
 
Still looking for something cool to put on the back glass, anyone else? How about zoanthids?
 
I glued about a quarter size frag of watermelon zoanthid to my overflow box today. Been wanting to try it and figured id give it a shot. I'll have to come back to this thread and post some pics once I get growth.
 
I glued about a quarter size frag of watermelon zoanthid to my overflow box today. Been wanting to try it and figured id give it a shot. I'll have to come back to this thread and post some pics once I get growth.
Yes please do. I would like to see how they grow.
 
If I thought I could keep them on the overflow, I'd do it in a minute.

This is a tank at one of our LFS's that had GSP get away from them just a little bit.
GSP2.jpg

GSP1.jpg
That looks worse than GHA
 
My armor of god zoas are growing like wildfire and created a mat on some of the sand, pretty sure my project tomorrow is going to be relocating some of that onto the overflow box after looking through this thread. Some beautiful tanks. If any of you have updated photos since then I'd love to see them.
 
The
My armor of god zoas are growing like wildfire and created a mat on some of the sand, pretty sure my project tomorrow is going to be relocating some of that onto the overflow box after looking through this thread. Some beautiful tanks. If any of you have updated photos since then I'd love to see them.
the armor of god zoas are going to look awesome!!
 
Green star polyp, Pachyclavularia violacia, Grows very fast and must be aggressively maintained to keep it under control. It does look nice and has nice current movement.
 
Green star polyp, Pachyclavularia violacia, Grows very fast and must be aggressively maintained to keep it under control. It does look nice and has nice current movement.

Green star polyp, Pachyclavularia violacia, Grows very fast and must be aggressively maintained to keep it under control. It does look nice and has nice current movement.
I have those, however, my stems are pink and long, so I mostly see pink with the motion
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top