Let's see those "Old School" daylight pictures

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCOLE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
095F5B05-8C02-4794-A195-BA5CCA48EBF1.jpeg
958681EA-5983-4154-8F65-4AEC90AF63B7.jpeg
F2F37AEE-4482-4FC0-ABBE-BEFDD0DB3147.jpeg
1AC11068-15CC-4B15-A32A-40295EAC52FF.jpeg
3F52D4BC-D74C-4503-9CF9-9D886E967873.jpeg
670DA9DB-961F-48E9-8029-82B53D72EFAF.jpeg
D696A548-A885-4EE0-A3C9-15D016B56896.jpeg
From about 19 years ago. The Bali green slimer came directly from Gregory Schiemer 500g display via Todd @Absolutely Fish
F315DB22-C091-42B7-BF77-2D11A6FF4EB7.jpeg
 
Mine too! New tank is being built so on the shelf they wait. Have about 5 years worth of bulbs also. Can't wait to get these on the new tank.

20220422_120031.jpg
20220422_122700.jpg

Mine too! New tank is being built so on the shelf they wait. Have about 5 years worth of bulbs also. Can't wait to get these on the new tank.

20220422_120031.jpg
20220422_122700.jpg
You are certainly not messing around. I run Radiums too
 
U running MH now?
Nope
Those pics were taken with my iPhone 10 under my old hydra 52 hds but I’ve always run a 15ish k spectrum.
I unfortunately had to switch to radion G6 pros. I’m starting to really like these lights but my new iPhone 13 takes horrible pics.
 
All these MH pics are making me seriously consider going back to MH for my next build.
Me too. That and ...mh is now dirt cheap compared to LED. If I want three xr30 gen6 over a tank we're talking three grand. One could buy a lot of annually replaced halide bulbs before reaching 3 grand. Really the only reason not to run them is the electricity bill and the need to fire up the old chiller.
 
Someday I will have a true daylight tank and take advantage of being in SoCal (with specially installed skylights), someday..... That will be my dream tank.
 
You are certainly not messing around. I run Radiums too

I have been staring at these on the shelf for 3 months waiting for the tank. The new tank just came in last week. I cannot wait to get them over the new tank.
 
Me too. That and ...mh is now dirt cheap compared to LED. If I want three xr30 gen6 over a tank we're talking three grand. One could buy a lot of annually replaced halide bulbs before reaching 3 grand. Really the only reason not to run them is the electricity bill and the need to fire up the old chiller.

That is why I did it. I like LEDs but to light a 500 peninsula for Acro's would cost me $10k in Radions. I picked up 4 new Hamilton 400w fixtures and 5 years of Radium bulbs for $2,500.
 
I went with 400 watt halides for the next build. Have one hanging over a temporary holding tank. Corals love it. LED fixtures look sleek. I dont think outperform the halides by any means.
 
i love seeing these pics i hate when ppl show pics in blue lights
 
Someday I will have a true daylight tank and take advantage of being in SoCal (with specially installed skylights), someday..... That will be my dream tank.
11 years later and I'm still Loving my sundome tank in Florida.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top