Lets see those Original Unique Corals Strawberry Shortcake Acro

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
9,555
Reaction score
2,278
Location
Richmond, Va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so Im partial to the Unique Corals Strawberry Shortcake love this coral. There's a lot of short cakes out there but By far IMO this is my favorite. I have this frag which was clipped a few weeks ago from my original colony in grow out for the new reef display. Lots of light and lots of flow. If you have a colony or frag lets see.

IMG_0945_zps1d27af9b.jpg
 
IMG_0600.jpg


I got this frag 6 weeks ago. It was bleached out but the polyps were still out. It is supposed to be strawberry shortcake. Since I bought it, it has turned green with some red starting to show up.
 
ssc is as common a a monti digitata. I can't tell the difference between a unique corals ssc or any other wild ssc. I love all ssc. The pink and green contrast is beautiful.
 
There is a difference.....I will try to find a pic of the more common one I see because I have it too :)
 
Might be tomorrow when I get my pic up. Anyways go look at some called Aussie strawberry shortcake or the insane Aussie shortcake at BC or heck even the shades of fall acro.....seems like these ones are named SSC very often as well. They seem to have a lighter, electric green in the body with lighter red tips and the polyps do not appear as red. Both are very nice but totally different.
 
My frag just RTN'd for no reason I could find. I have the wild Aussie one growing right next to it and it's still growing.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top