Live Mysis shrimp in a display tank

I've seen these in two tanks - the chaeto holding tank at one of the local reef shops, and a reef with a scorpionfish and a young green moray in it.

The mysids are too small for big predators to bother with, so were able to proliferate!

~Bruce

Indeed! Some of my younger preds eat amphipods, but they are not going to go through all the effort of chasing a speedy little mysid Tic Tac. The larger ones do not recognize them as food at all. They don't even notice them.
 
whatever shrimp I have its been a year and they havent gone away, much to my mandarins enjoyment.
This morning they had that rock surrounded.
Could you possible post a photo of them?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top