Look what I just found! GHL KH Director!

I fear there so busy this isn't going to happen any day soon, we have a 6 week wait for any GHL parts in the uk, plugbars, level sensors everything is on back order...
 
They've announced it but no actual release date or price but looks like a game changer !!!
 
Now this is good news! And it seems it's being said that the price is going to be well under $1,000 (the price point of the only currently available system). Looking forward to hearing more!

This just hit my inbox.

KH-Director_1181x591_b.jpg


https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/the-new-kh-director/

If you’re looking to achieve exceptional coral growing conditions, Alkalinity testing is a must!
Keep it steady with the new GHL KH Director®.

Get a first-hand look at the KH Director®, shown first at MACNA New Orleans!

Fully control and automate Alkalinity supplementation like a PRO! Lab grade quality and precision, only the best for your reef.



Features
  • Fully automated control of Alkalinity/Carbonate hardness
  • Lab grade quality and precision
  • 0.1°dKH measurement value accuracy
  • Measurement value data logging
  • Compatible with ProfiLux 3, 4, and GHL Doser
  • Data viewable on ProfiLux display, ProfiLux Touch, or myGHL; additional external display unit optional
    LED status display, myGHL cloud accessible (via GHL Doser or ProfiLux 3 or 4)
The KH Director® is designed to work in conjunction with a GHL Doser 2 Standalone or a ProfiLux Aquarium Controller 3 or 4 with a Doser 2 Slave for operation. The 2 inlets and 1 outlet of the KHD connect to 3 dosing pumps on the Doser 2 (2.1). These 3 pumps are then responsible for accurately transferring fluid to and from the KHD.
 
is there any pricing info available?
So far, I think there's just a statement that it will be significantly less than $1,000. Not sure what that will mean practically, but it is encouraging.
 
Wow...that is steep. Its basically like adding a second P4...
What is steep? I don't think they've announced a price yet. They've only said that it will be less expensive than $1,000. I'm personally really excited to see what they announce! :D
 
I was asking on FB, but it sounds like this won't work with a Calcium Reactor.... Doser only?
Would be cool if it could still measure Alk and then control the effluent coming out of the reactor, similar to the Dastaco reactors.
 
I was asking on FB, but it sounds like this won't work with a Calcium Reactor.... Doser only?
Would be cool if it could still measure Alk and then control the effluent coming out of the reactor, similar to the Dastaco reactors.
You mean it won't regulate a calcium reactor, right? I could still use it to monitor and adjust my Cal Rx manually, right? I was kind of hoping maybe I could program my Cal Rx to adjust based on readings generated by the monitor maybe with some kind of programming that I might write. Is that going to be impossible?
 
I think we need to see what is capable to do with these new devices. I am sure there are ways to do things. Calrx units have a different way of working than a dosing pump. We have a few weeks till be get to see these units a MACNA. I am excited to see this for the hobby.
 
I think we need to see what is capable to do with these new devices. I am sure there are ways to do things. Calrx units have a different way of working than a dosing pump. We have a few weeks till be get to see these units a MACNA. I am excited to see this for the hobby.
Somebody PLEASE post a video of these units at MACNA for those of us who can't be there.
 
What is steep? I don't think they've announced a price yet. They've only said that it will be less expensive than $1,000. I'm personally really excited to see what they announce! :D

Its probably that I'm just coming off a large spending spree as I'm setting up my new tank o_O. I am also excited to see what it can do.
 
I would think it won't be expensive as a grand as you're using the p4 as a controller and the 2.1 as a doser
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top