Looking at Auto Top Off equipment, what performs as advertised.

I haven't tried all the different ATO's just Tunze and Neptune ATK. I had nothing but problems with Neptune's (could have been operator error.) I use Tunze on both my tanks with zero problems going on 5 years.
 
I'll second autotopoff.com for ATO control. Been using the redundant electronic float switch for years and years. Rock soild.
 
I use the Tunze ATO over 7 years now 24 gallon and 200 gallon reef and 100 FW, I don't think you can beat them.
 
Tunze Osmolator is the base standard for ATO's (and the Osmolator Nano which is this unit's little brother). Fun fact is that Tunze actually invented the ATO. :) I have an Apex, so I use their ATK, and I love it! I can recommend either of those options.
 
Tunze Osmolator is the base standard for ATO's (and the Osmolator Nano which is this unit's little brother). Fun fact is that Tunze actually invented the ATO. :) I have an Apex, so I use their ATK, and I love it! I can recommend either of those options.

Have you used both then? I have a tunze and really like it but my system is also automated via Neptune so the info their atk would provide would be nice. I didn’t go with the atk originally since it was new but now that its been out for a while have you seen any reason not to switch

I need a second ato for a non Neptune monitored system so I have to make the purchase anyways and I would just put the tunze there
 
This is what I use and my brother and buddies use we have never had a problem ever. Mines been up and running for 3 yrs I have it installed in a 29 gal biocube. It pumps about four foot from my reservoir to display.

CFCD806E-A361-41E3-BCCE-8EE73431B340.jpeg
I also us AutoAqua but have the AWC. I used is as an ATO only for the first 6 months and it pulls from the bottom of a large Brute can on the floor to the sump sitting on an old kitchen table beside it. Works great. Hooked up the auto water change pumps a couple of m0nths ago and now water changes are as easy as mixing water and touching the screen. It was about $200 and worth every penny.
 
+1 on the Tunze 3155.....used mine for several years and it worked well.....the only 2 issues I had were minor:
1) I used kalk in my ATO, so periodically I'd have to soak the pump and tubing in vinegar to dissolve the kalk buildup
2) The pump that was included wasn't self-priming, so every time I'd refill my ATO water container, I'd have to re-prime the pump. Not the end of the world, and not a problem with the operation of the system, but just something to be aware of.

I switched to the Hydor ATO on my new system (600g) since I wanted a larger pump to top off the ~10-20g of evaporation each day. That system has worked very reliably as well for the past 2 years.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top