Majanos, are they really a threat?

I’ve always kept majanos since I’ve found them , I think they are pretty and haven’t caused issues yet aptasia on the other hand is another story lol
That’s not a majano nem, that’s a green rock flower anemone.
 
I like all nems. Majano included. (lower left of pic)

tempImagelLewLR.png
Hi, im looking to buy majano nem and that unique looking aiptaisia, I think it’s aiptaisia pulchella? Anyway I’m willing to pay $50 for a vibrant looking majano and that aiptaisia.
 
That’s not a majano nem, that’s a green rock flower anemone.
Really?! That’s a score then lol I have two of them came from a rock , they have a green base that has white dots all patterned on it very interesting nems
 

Attachments

  • 99C0F174-0A02-4A93-9303-7A02D812A03C.jpeg
    99C0F174-0A02-4A93-9303-7A02D812A03C.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 76
O
Really?! That’s a score then lol I have two of them came from a rock , they have a green base that has white dots all patterned on it very interesting nems
On second glance it is majano my, want $20 for it?
 
I like all nems. Majano included. (lower left of pic)

tempImagelLewLR.png
If you put a few zoanthids in that tank I think it would be my dream come true - I love werid soft corals and anemones
 
I know there are at least 5 different kinds of majano from my own experience, and I'm sure there are more that I've never seen. Personally, I keep a few around for fun, but they do need taming every few months. There is one I used to have that I lost in a tank crash. Call me crazy but if I ever saw it again, I'd pay good money to buy it. A nano tank with a pile of these pink tipped ones would be right up my alley!

Majano.jpg
 
I know there are at least 5 different kinds of majano from my own experience, and I'm sure there are more that I've never seen. Personally, I keep a few around for fun, but they do need taming every few months. There is one I used to have that I lost in a tank crash. Call me crazy but if I ever saw it again, I'd pay good money to buy it. A nano tank with a pile of these pink tipped ones would be right up my alley!

Majano.jpg
Tamberav sell one! His majano are very pretty. Lol that sounded dirty.
 
I know there are at least 5 different kinds of majano from my own experience, and I'm sure there are more that I've never seen. Personally, I keep a few around for fun, but they do need taming every few months. There is one I used to have that I lost in a tank crash. Call me crazy but if I ever saw it again, I'd pay good money to buy it. A nano tank with a pile of these pink tipped ones would be right up my alley!

Majano.jpg
How big were these? This looks very similar to something that my lfs has that has been classified as a pedestal anemone. He too thought it might be in the majano family. These are larger with a 2"ish foot and similar sized disk. I'm going up there after work for some frags and can take a picture of them.
 
How big were these? This looks very similar to something that my lfs has that has been classified as a pedestal anemone. He too thought it might be in the majano family. These are larger with a 2"ish foot and similar sized disk. I'm going up there after work for some frags and can take a picture of them.
If you could get a picture that would be very cool! It's been almost a decade since I had them, but I remember they were on average almost twice the size of my other majanos at the time, so it could be a possible match. Back in the day, they were called Tulip Anemones, so who knows what it could be called now, lol,
 
If you could get a picture that would be very cool! It's been almost a decade since I had them, but I remember they were on average almost twice the size of my other majanos at the time, so it could be a possible match. Back in the day, they were called Tulip Anemones, so who knows what it could be called now, lol,
IMG_20220103_163933500.jpg
IMG_20220103_163715689.jpg
IMG_20220103_163708705.jpg
IMG_20220103_163701922.jpg


There is one I swear has a 4-5" disk. Reminds me of BTAs without clowns to nip the bulbs. I don't know how much they are but if you are local this is at Rivers & Reefs in Omaha, Be.
 
IMG_20220103_163933500.jpg
IMG_20220103_163715689.jpg
IMG_20220103_163708705.jpg
IMG_20220103_163701922.jpg


There is one I swear has a 4-5" disk. Reminds me of BTAs without clowns to nip the bulbs. I don't know how much they are but if you are local this is at Rivers & Reefs in Omaha, Be.
THAT'S THEM!!! I can't believe it, I haven't found anyone with those anemones in the last 5+ years. Unfortunately, I'm 6 hours away, and I called the store but they won't ship an order. I can't believe I'm saying this but, as long as I've been looking for them, I'm seriously considering making a weekend road trip to Omaha... for majanos! ;Nailbitingo_O
 
IMG_20220103_163933500.jpg
IMG_20220103_163715689.jpg
IMG_20220103_163708705.jpg
IMG_20220103_163701922.jpg


There is one I swear has a 4-5" disk. Reminds me of BTAs without clowns to nip the bulbs. I don't know how much they are but if you are local this is at Rivers & Reefs in Omaha, Be.
Wow I can’t believe they sell them, its technically a different species of majano anemone not just different color morph since their scientific name is anemonia gracilis vs majano anemone which is anemonia manjano, their common name which I find widely use is graceful anemone, it’s still as invasive as majano though, their relatives which are as beautiful but are cold water, snake lock anemone, anemonia viridis.
 
You guys got me all excited about majanos now. :)

 
THAT'S THEM!!! I can't believe it, I haven't found anyone with those anemones in the last 5+ years. Unfortunately, I'm 6 hours away, and I called the store but they won't ship an order. I can't believe I'm saying this but, as long as I've been looking for them, I'm seriously considering making a weekend road trip to Omaha... for majanos! ;Nailbitingo_O
Good luck, those nems are big and beautiful. It's a really good sized rock and if it's what you are after, well worth the trek in.
 
You guys got me all excited about majanos now. :)

Holy cow, that yellow green majano nem is beautiful. I must have them.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top