Malaysian Acros, the Real Deal

Noooooooo way, like I can't believe Singapore too.
Well I have a very good friend that ships from Singapore. I will see if I can get ahold of him tomorrow. I know he is up now but I got to sleep and when we talk it goes on for awhile.
 
Most of you may have heard about Malaysian coral imports by now... but may be skeptical or have heard rumors that it’s not possible.

The simple truth, Malaysia has been exporting corals for quite some time, but since Indonesia was the main source. Malaysia has been pretty much the step sister. In my experience so far. She is will no longer be. The big players are coming in strong now.

Quietly....I have been bringing in Malaysian acros since end of last year and all of this year. There are a few variations that I have never seen before, and others similar to Indonesian stock.

I can probably go on and on... but let’s get to the good stuff....

2C70FFE4-9F31-419B-B287-D962C2CCF439.jpeg


9CC36C07-9A20-47DA-A703-0E4D52450E5B.jpeg


E2100EC0-E54C-451D-86DE-F9F388409A3D.jpeg


C2184C29-0E8D-4EB6-BB7E-968F9B6A30B2.jpeg


6DA51D2F-A9D3-41B1-A2F4-FC552CAEBE7C.jpeg


03DBD9B5-4910-4700-BE4A-515AA2BCB34F.jpeg


307CE5FB-34ED-45E7-8C45-F83018DDB4B9.jpeg


260CC7F6-A4D7-4332-816B-CD46DE03BFD8.jpeg


8D385B3A-922B-4505-BB49-954305F96B1B.jpeg


FFFD6A38-DB96-4A3B-9F49-6F827FC1EE9D.jpeg


57444F31-2B39-43AB-A837-34D46B1AE357.jpeg


90E2188C-FA23-478D-9971-3D3B4BAE81C9.jpeg


7E8D52A5-C7DA-4CEA-BBEC-29846C76F24B.jpeg


DFF88362-63EB-44B9-A921-7AB902F7F2F6.jpeg


22179DEC-A9A8-4DE0-8A47-FDB96C783F50.jpeg


E5543E59-702E-497B-BAEA-5A277CD993F3.jpeg


04FAC399-3FDD-42C5-813C-B0076B72938E.jpeg


9EECAC11-879A-49C0-83D3-5EFB6ED56CC1.jpeg


FCED60E6-0016-4C70-8FF2-99DAEC7E7CBC.jpeg


3C9A9ACE-8433-4202-9672-38B8814490AB.jpeg


0BF3575B-9B3D-42C9-BF28-54709109DDE9.jpeg


7C3EE4C5-D898-4BDB-B564-12C1C90DFA07.jpeg


C76D6219-9AB5-4321-B968-1B1508B6FD72.jpeg


FCED66E2-023E-4DB9-BFF3-D3383DA27394.jpeg

OH MY...;Wideyed cannot wait...
 
so when do i get my free malaysian acropora sample from you in the mail ?
 
This is not new news. They have been exporting Corals for a while.
There quotas are very small that come out of Malaysia and I think most go elsewhere.


There is rumor that some Indonesia corals are illegally being sold through Malaysia which is something none of us should support. This is the stuff that gives our hobby a bad name and those against the hobby more reasons to try and shut the hobby down.
 
Last edited:
Wasn’t hard to find wholesale links. Can’t speak to their veracity but idk why people claim it was impossible to find. I’ve seen mention of transhipping working on setting up new sources too, for those that can’t/won’t do wholesale.


 
If I had Facebook I would check those out. Seems the guy I talked to about this was misinformed or just didn’t want to get cites for Malaysia. The only thing I wonder is why others are not getting these pieces? The amount of nice new stuff coming in is slim to none and I haven’t noticed any vendors with pieces from there. It just blows my mind that no one but tristianfish is putting in effort to get new stuff into the hobby. It looks like rr maybe got some posted last May from what I can tell but I haven’t noticed anything anywhere else. Although I don’t look like most of you do, has anyone seen nice new stuff anywhere else?
 
If I had Facebook I would check those out. Seems the guy I talked to about this was misinformed or just didn’t want to get cites for Malaysia. The only thing I wonder is why others are not getting these pieces? The amount of nice new stuff coming in is slim to none and I haven’t noticed any vendors with pieces from there. It just blows my mind that no one but tristianfish is putting in effort to get new stuff into the hobby. It looks like rr maybe got some posted last May from what I can tell but I haven’t noticed anything anywhere else. Although I don’t look like most of you do, has anyone seen nice new stuff anywhere else?
Vivid posted some. My assumption is a few are, as there are still some “new releases” happening. Sure could be Aussie, but likely just less talked about. If a vendor has a new awesome looking wild acro, does it really matter if it’s Aussie or Malaysian?
 
Of course it matters, maybe not to some but for people who have been in the hobby for decades things get boring with no change and a place you have never had corals from defiantly makes things more interesting.
 
If I had Facebook I would check those out. Seems the guy I talked to about this was misinformed or just didn’t want to get cites for Malaysia. The only thing I wonder is why others are not getting these pieces? The amount of nice new stuff coming in is slim to none and I haven’t noticed any vendors with pieces from there. It just blows my mind that no one but tristianfish is putting in effort to get new stuff into the hobby. It looks like rr maybe got some posted last May from what I can tell but I haven’t noticed anything anywhere else. Although I don’t look like most of you do, has anyone seen nice new stuff anywhere else?
Post #53
 
Of course it matters, maybe not to some but for people who have been in the hobby for decades things get boring with no change and a place you have never had corals from defiantly makes things more interesting.


Again corals coming from there is nothing new.
Search once. A simple search shows two articles on corals coming from there since 2009...

People were rarely aware where corals came from before the shutdown in Indonesia... Exporters and LFS never really knew. It is possible you already own a coral from there.

Also there are so many lying where corals come from just to get more money.
It is possible you have a coral from there.

The only issue is limits for exports there are lite and just like Vietnam not allot of the corals come here.

I think people forget how big the hobby is in like Germany.
 
All of you that are sitting around spinning your wheels, trying to figure out back channels, making up stories, trying to figure out devils work or crapping on your toilet. Just stop, kiss your love ones, hug them and tell them you love them.. then breathe and eat a darn snicker.

There’s nothing scheming, nothing coming from indo, not aussie, not Cambodian, not Chinese, not Taiwan, not from the Moon.

Simply Malaysian.



“The faster you settle, the more enrichment you’ll receive” a wise donkey told me this once

Brooklynchemisttheory
 
A few of LFS's around me have been bringing in Malay corals. So definitely not unheard of, just not as publicized as Indo and Aussie.
 
All of you that are sitting around spinning your wheels, trying to figure out back channels, making up stories, trying to figure out devils work or crapping on your toilet. Just stop, kiss your love ones, hug them and tell them you love them.. then breathe and eat a darn snicker.

There’s nothing scheming, nothing coming from indo, not aussie, not Cambodian, not Chinese, not Taiwan, not from the Moon.

Simply Malaysian.



“The faster you settle, the more enrichment you’ll receive” a wise donkey told me this once

Brooklynchemisttheory

Link doesn’t work for me.
 
Yea I heard! And I don’t have Instagram or Facebook or anything. So I can’t see any of his stuff.
 
Wasn’t hard to find wholesale links. Can’t speak to their veracity but idk why people claim it was impossible to find. I’ve seen mention of transhipping working on setting up new sources too, for those that can’t/won’t do wholesale.


I stepped away from the previous conversation because when I find myself in a group of people adamantly insisting that up is down and 2+2=5 I rarely find further discussion productive.

But I'm just dropping by to say
#1 thanks for sharing actual information. People who do what you just did are good for the hobby and society in general.
#2 Facebook? No wonder I couldnt find these!

We have to do Facebook to find coral trans shippers? Whats next, we have to play Pokemon Go to buy fish?

I sincerely hate the Internet in 2019. :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top