Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

The gyre might be pulling sand into the impeller. I have mine 3 inches down from the top. You might want to start using the gyre near the top and move it down as needed

I'll definitely need to move it up some since it's moving the sand around a bit. I put it in there when the tank was only half full, so it was pretty low down. ;)
 
I'll definitely need to move it up some since it's moving the sand around a bit. I put it in there when the tank was only half full, so it was pretty low down. ;)

That most likely the reason you were hearing the noise, I pull mine apart about every 3 months a clean them. You will see reduced flow, but a good cleaning with bring back the flow. I have mine set at 50% and they move a ton of water.
The system look great, bet you are excited having it wet:)
 
All I can say, except I'm jealous, is WOW!! Love love love it. Congratulations on bringing your dream to fruition.
 
That most likely the reason you were hearing the noise, I pull mine apart about every 3 months a clean them. You will see reduced flow, but a good cleaning with bring back the flow. I have mine set at 50% and they move a ton of water.
The system look great, bet you are excited having it wet:)
I'll have to set reminders on my phone to clean it regularly then. Thanks for the tip. Yeeeessss, I'm super excited!!! It's getting close to being full. I'm desperately hoping to plug the pumps in and have it running tonight!
All I can say, except I'm jealous, is WOW!! Love love love it. Congratulations on bringing your dream to fruition.
Thank you! I'm really excited. This wouldn't have been possible if I didn't work at the LFS where I'm able to get amazing deals on everything you've seen so far.
Very jealous. Looks great!!!!!
Thanks so much! I've been working hard on it.
Well alright then :D
15171332_1618142544877915_1410447441708942610_n.jpg
 
Guess what? IT'S RUNNING!!! I overfilled it just a bit in my excitement to get it full, but that's ok. I can make some adjustments on that and on the plumbing tomorrow. Check it out!
 
Guess what? IT'S RUNNING!!! I overfilled it just a bit in my excitement to get it full, but that's ok. I can make some adjustments on that and on the plumbing tomorrow. Check it out!
Congratulations!!!!

What kind of fish are you adding to it tomorrow? :p
 
Congratulations!!!!

What kind of fish are you adding to it tomorrow? :p

Oh my gosh! I didn't say???? There will be a show sized achiles tang, a fully grown hippo tang and of course 30 yellow tail damsels. The next day a peppermint angel and bandit angel will go in! haha!

edit to say: I hope you other guys reading this know I'm kidding. I hate damsels. lol
 
Oh my gosh! I didn't say???? There will be a show sized achiles tang, a fully grown hippo tang and of course 30 yellow tail damsels. The next day a peppermint angel and bandit angel will go in! haha!

edit to say: I hope you other guys reading this know I'm kidding. I hate damsels. lol
I think you need some domino damsels in there as well! Maybe some nice big colorful aptasia, and..........ah you know I'm kidding!
 
You guys are funny! :p In all seriousness, I'm going to leave the tank to run like this for about a month before I start introducing anything at all to it. Since I used all dry rock and sand, I want to give it the chance to leach whatever it's going to leach before I put anything in there. It's also going to give me the chance to build "mufflers" for the drain pipes in the sump and fix any leaks in the plumbing. There's till other things that will happen in the mean time. I just got my clear mesh and new refractometer from BRS, so the screen tops will be built, and the water mixing station will be next. The electrical cabinet will need to be built also. OH! and I checked the salinity in the tank this evening and somehow I ended up at 1.026! Wow!
 
Congrats on the build and welcome to the big tanks club!
If I may,
I saw something in the video that I'd like to share.
The drains will be quieter if you do one of two things or both...
Remove the pipes from underwater and add a filter sock. The drains need to breathe in order to flow better..
And the other would be to slow the return pump back a little..
Love the in wall setup and filter room, I envy that setup...:)​
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top