Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

On another note, I lost one of my anthias. She was the smallest one of the group and now I"m down to 4. :( You wonder why right? Wellll..... I did the last transfer of TTM and bought a new filter to put on the tank for them. It's a filter built by Seachem and Sicce. It's an awesome filter and is adjustable (more on all that later), but I had it turned all the way up and the little girl got sucked against the intake. I freed her but she didn't make it through the night. All others are looking good and I turned down the filter so (knock on wood) the rest should be fine.
 
Time for a few pictures. Woo hoo! Like I said, I lost one of my anthias, so now I'm down to four. They seem to be rather robust though and doing well in observation. I'll be leaving them in there for another week or two depending on how they do.
17458016_1804727109552790_8817912855060468218_n.jpg


The teeny tiny leopard wrasse is doing well in the copper tank. The Diamond goby seems to be taking it well also. I am taking into account the worry of aerosol transmission, but the best I can do is hand a floor to ceiling sheet to wall off the main tank and set up a peice of purple foam insulation in between the two tanks. Not the ideal situation, but that's why we have observation periods and super observant fish keepers. ;)
17308968_1804727202886114_799191757688167748_n.jpg


The frag tank is looking blurry as usual. I really need to clean the glass on this thing so I can take proper pictures!
17426360_1804726756219492_826496983756034571_n.jpg


AND the display! Looks the same as always... empty. The corals in the frag tank and the inverts have about a month left... some have two months. And of course, I have fish getting ready to go in there and help bring more live and movement to it.
17426098_1804726686219499_4421155082921547811_n.jpg
 
Time for a few pictures. Woo hoo! Like I said, I lost one of my anthias, so now I'm down to four. They seem to be rather robust though and doing well in observation. I'll be leaving them in there for another week or two depending on how they do.
17458016_1804727109552790_8817912855060468218_n.jpg


The teeny tiny leopard wrasse is doing well in the copper tank. The Diamond goby seems to be taking it well also. I am taking into account the worry of aerosol transmission, but the best I can do is hand a floor to ceiling sheet to wall off the main tank and set up a peice of purple foam insulation in between the two tanks. Not the ideal situation, but that's why we have observation periods and super observant fish keepers. ;)
17308968_1804727202886114_799191757688167748_n.jpg


The frag tank is looking blurry as usual. I really need to clean the glass on this thing so I can take proper pictures!
17426360_1804726756219492_826496983756034571_n.jpg


AND the display! Looks the same as always... empty. The corals in the frag tank and the inverts have about a month left... some have two months. And of course, I have fish getting ready to go in there and help bring more live and movement to it.
17426098_1804726686219499_4421155082921547811_n.jpg
What a tank!
Loving the Layout of the sand and the scape of that rock.
Very natural looking.
 
The newest additions to the display! Sadly, only three made it in... the two that died were the smallest of the five. One got sucked into the new filter (too strong) and the other, I'm pretty sure, just wasn't getting enough to eat. I could only feed them once a day which I should have taken into account. You can only see two in this picture. They only just went in minutes ago, I'm sure the third is hiding still.
17504610_1811574092201425_3751951491960694771_o.jpg
 
+1 on this. Updates?

And how are you liking the gyre flow?

btw.. you inspired me and I built a mixing station this weekend. Used the same water container from TSC that you did. Works great!
 
Love the lyretail anthias, i have 11 together and ones finally turned full male. Very cool to see then all together, youll enjoy the activity they bring
 
@melypr1985, it's been 10 days.
Everything ok?

So far so good. I have a diamond goby and lubbocks fairy wrasse in QT.... about half way through. I'll update with pictures and stuff tonight or tomorrow. :)
 
OK! Here they are. Sad news though, I haven't seen the other two anthias at all lately, so I'm pretty sure I only have the one now. I figure they weren't getting enough to eat since they wouldn't come out to eat with the others. I have a picture of the remaining one though! I'm seeing some pretty decent growth in some of these corals, so that's a good thing as well. It's definitely time for a water change though. I gotta get on that soon. :)
April 2017 A.jpg
April 2017 B.jpg
April 2017 C.jpg
April 2017 D.jpg
April 2017 E.jpg
April 2017 F.jpg
April 2017 G.jpg
April 2017 H.jpg
April 2017 I.jpg
April 2017 J.jpg
April 2017 K.jpg
April 2017 L.jpg
FTS April 2017.jpg
 
Sorry to hear about the Anthias'. Everything looks great! I love your wavy sandbed btw!

It's ok. I was a risk with them being so darn small. I'll order some more soon. Thanks! The sandbed is wavy because of the gyre. :)
 
Updates? I wanted to get another diamond goby but didn't because I remember the sandstorms it created. After a month I ended up catching it and taking it back to the fish store.
 
Updates? I wanted to get another diamond goby but didn't because I remember the sandstorms it created. After a month I ended up catching it and taking it back to the fish store.

Not much of an update at the moment. I'm trying to get my achiles tang in, but keep hitting road blocks. I did introduce the diamond goby to the tank the other day. I'll have to grab a picture of him :)
 
Not much of an update at the moment. I'm trying to get my achiles tang in, but keep hitting road blocks. I did introduce the diamond goby to the tank the other day. I'll have to grab a picture of him :)

Do you already have your achilles? I know you work at a fish store but if not liveaquaria has them on sale right now.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top