Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

The sandbed is wavy because of the gyre.
Question for ya... any reason your gyre is so low in your tank? I thought you were supposed to put it high up in the tank so the flow at the top of the tank went one direction and then the water returned along the bottom of the tank. Did that not work for you?
 
Do you already have your achilles? I know you work at a fish store but if not liveaquaria has them on sale right now.

No, not yet. I'll wait until I can get one in the store... I'll pay WAY less than on LA. Since I"m the one that does the shopping for the store it's not that hard make sure it gets ordered when available.
Question for ya... any reason your gyre is so low in your tank? I thought you were supposed to put it high up in the tank so the flow at the top of the tank went one direction and then the water returned along the bottom of the tank. Did that not work for you?

Actually i have it there because when it's higher it makes a wave a little too big for my comfort. lol I'm afraid the water might splash out and down the front of the tank.
 
What setting are you using for your gyre? I have the same tank as you with a gyre on each end and don't have an issue with it closer to the top.
 
What setting are you using for your gyre? I have the same tank as you with a gyre on each end and don't have an issue with it closer to the top.

I honestly can't remember. I only have it on 50%, i know that much. I'm probably just paranoid about it like I am with most things. lol I'm not home right now so I can't check what the mode is.
 
No, not yet. I'll wait until I can get one in the store... I'll pay WAY less than on LA. Since I"m the one that does the shopping for the store it's not that hard make sure it gets ordered when available.


Actually i have it there because when it's higher it makes a wave a little too big for my comfort. lol I'm afraid the water might splash out and down the front of the tank.
Seems like a good reason to me!
 
I don't like that post number on my last post

I'm working on it! Been extremely busy lately... everytime I get home or think about getting pictures the lights are already off. I'll get it eventually :)
 
I'm working on it! Been extremely busy lately... everytime I get home or think about getting pictures the lights are already off. I'll get it eventually :)
empty words...tsk...tsk... ;Troll
 
Awesome! I'm definitely watching! If you need any suggestions on the construction side of it, let me know; I have been a general contractor for over a decade and build houses from the ground up. I am a good electrician, plumber, carpenter etc... Make sure you support all the weight of the tank! If this tank is on your main level and you have a basement, you will want to make sure you have a wall framed underneath the tank, or a support beam ect. to make sure you support all the weight of the tank--itis probably going to weigh like 2000 lbs with the sump, stand and everything else. Good luck on the build, I'm excited to see it when it is done!
 
Awesome! I'm definitely watching! If you need any suggestions on the construction side of it, let me know; I have been a general contractor for over a decade and build houses from the ground up. I am a good electrician, plumber, carpenter etc... Make sure you support all the weight of the tank! If this tank is on your main level and you have a basement, you will want to make sure you have a wall framed underneath the tank, or a support beam ect. to make sure you support all the weight of the tank--itis probably going to weigh like 2000 lbs with the sump, stand and everything else. Good luck on the build, I'm excited to see it when it is done!
I'm pretty sure its been done.[emoji2]
 
Alrighty! Time for an update! Now, things are looking pretty ugly in some of these, but I spent some time working on things today so hopefully they will be much better soon (with more work going into it of course).

Today marks several weeks after the QT period ended for my corals in the frag tank, so I moved just about everything over to the display including snails and hermits! Here it is looking lonely and pretty ugly after:
18447421_1880211085337725_2985914777647899010_n.jpg


The very nice frag rack inside came from a good friend who only needed two of the levels that came with the tri-level he ordered. Thanks @MrBeast for the gift! It's ready for some new corals :D

So, everything went into the display but of course, I'm not super happy with how it is all sitting. I'll probably move everything around another 100 times in the next month or so.
18528012_1880211365337697_2859721900355426710_n.jpg

I can't wait for the acanthophylia to open up all the way. It's huge!
18519611_1880211312004369_7781816024420132120_n.jpg

Center of the tank. Lots of zoas and palys going on here and the fox coral just above the toadstool will be awesome when it opens up all the way as well.
18447281_1880211252004375_1339184783306688964_n.jpg

And the not so awesome right hand side: There is a nice Ice Cap chalice over there, but its hard to see in this picture.
18446628_1880211168671050_8677827265061041409_n.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top