- Joined
- Feb 24, 2012
- Messages
- 248
- Reaction score
- 71
- Location
- Arlington, T.X.
- What state or country do you live in
- Texas
Yeah, my acro dreams seem to be a little far fetched for what I'm willing to do as far as maintenance. I really really don't want to dose. I'm willing to add lighting to the tank to supplement, though my husband and I haven't settled on what we want to go with for that. We were talking about building our own MH fixtures. lol
Oh I know it will.It's no big in the grand scheme. I do want to update that the rest of the colony died and polluted my frag tank a bit. Getting ready for a large water change on that after removing the colony skeleton.
![]()
dunno if I've missed it but I havent seen your tank with a calc reactor? The importance of alkalinity stability when housing sps is a must. you just cant get stable results imo dosing 2 part, some people get lazy, some forget for a few days. A calc reactor is constantly adding calcium, magnesium, and alkalinity.
I use the geo's reef 618 double chamber calc reactor with a electronic carbon doser and apex controlling it all. My alkality is rock solid at 8. Temperature swings is probably the next fatal thing for sps, cant really keep having more than 1 degree swing or it will aggravate sps
It's no big in the grand scheme. I do want to update that the rest of the colony died and polluted my frag tank a bit. Getting ready for a large water change on that after removing the colony skeleton.




It reminds me like any pet (dogs, cats, etc..) they don't always do what you want them to do. I hope you are in the clear. I am sure know what to do if it continues but a couple of things come to mind so I wanted to contribute a couple of thoughts. You could always get a second algae clip and put in nori on opposite ends of the tank. That may allow the pacific blue a place to eat in peace or the purple to realize there are options and feel less of a need to compete for food. Or you could always remove the Purple for a couple of weeks then re-introduce him. I would only do that if the aggression remained like the first video. I also consider you one of the fish experts so I am sure you have thought about all of these options.

