Mike and Cindys budget busting Nano in 90

Cindy went and got the tank yesterday. We love the new tank! It is a better size and alot thicker. We shouldn't have any bowing with this tank. I ordered it without the overflows drilled so I can match our stand.
5avy8uqy.jpg
6y3a7y2a.jpg


Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
Congrats on the new tank!

-M&T
 
Not sure if I should have entered this competition or not. This has the making of an insane build. Are you thinking about running a top? I would be afraid of carpet surfers with it being so shallow.
 
We're gonna run it without a top. That'll mean careful fish selection, and hoping the ones we do pick won't go rogue and do their best potato chip impersonation. I know one thing that is DEFINITELY going in there is a harlequin shrimp. Beyond that... we haven't talked about it yet. Our main focus has been on our aquascaping plan and coral selection. Trying to work those two things together to get a very recognizable 'look' or 'theme' for the tank.
 
nice...looking forward to see more pictures, will definitely follow along.
 
Not sure if I should have entered this competition or not. This has the making of an insane build. Are you thinking about running a top? I would be afraid of carpet surfers with it being so shallow.
One thing I found out last year just by following the rules and making it all 90 days you have a real shot. Not going to lie, it is hard to update and stay on top of this while summer is here. Also your tank is nice, I like your rockwork!
 
Tare down of the "scrap box" tank time to rebuild with the new tank and other goodies.

e3yzuham.jpg


Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
Looking good!!! Seeing these tanks is really tempting me to set one up!!
 
Oh man oh man the new tank is clean clean clean!!!! Def anxious to follow this build and then to actually come see in person too. Wonder what kind of corals will make the cut for this one :D
 
I really love how you guys did the lights. Such a clean, beautiful look. Looking great overall so far.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top