Montipora eating Nudibranch Needing some suggestions.

Absolutely hate these suckered I'm fighting them now...for about 3 weeks
 
Still battling these little suckers. They're relentless. After several prolonged dips in double doses of CoralRX and Revive I've seen a decrease in tissue loss. I have lost a few of the Monti's completely. I'll keep up the good fight. Any suggestions are appreciated. I even thought about experimenting with Hypo/higher salinity 1.035, H2O2, Vinegar, Bayer,Copper,Prazi,Paraguard,Garlic on the Monti's I could afford to loose. Since I have some of the same Monti's in other tanks.
 
I found them worse then AEFW to rid them. Out of all those I would try bayer. I have tested they options listed and Bayer was the best results. You just have to keep on them and over time they start to go away.
 
Dip once a week and as above, get into all the crevices underneath, you need to break the cycle.
England here, I use a domestic cleaning fluid called Dettol for dips of pests, keep an eye on them in isolation, it still took me about 8 weeks to clear my infestation.
 
I found them worse then AEFW to rid them. Out of all those I would try bayer. I have tested they options listed and Bayer was the best results. You just have to keep on them and over time they start to go away.
Thanks for the input. They definitely are more of a pain than AEFW.
 
Thanks for the input. They definitely are more of a pain than AEFW.

Sorry you are still having problems. I bought three yellow wrasses, a mandarin, and a 6 line, and have been dipping every week. I'm starting to get color back after the dip in the Potassium Permanganate solution that browned everything out. I hope I'm on the home stretch with these things.
 
What I have done in the past and this is a bit of a pain. I like to keep a quarantine tank with lights that I set up when needed. I move all the corals in this case monti from the DT. I leave them in this tank for a few months to let anything left over die in my DT. I can then easily keep on top of the afflicted corals. I only do this in times of desperation but it does work.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top