MP40 wetside spinning and vibrating. will not stay on

I had mp40s before, same problem with spinning. Spoke with Ecotech and it was a bad wetside. They couldn’t give me a reason why, just the magnet wasn’t good. This was years ago. With my mp10s now, if they act up I just replace the wet side.
 
Mine rattle and shake after I shut them off then back on during water changes. I always have to make micro adjustments between the 2 magnets until I find the exact spot then they run quiet and smooth.
 
This happened to me early on. I finally figured out that the magnet was busted.... Ever so slightly. I was a newb and didn't know that could happen, but that was the cause. Double check for any cracks on the magnet when you disassemble.

I actually didn't find it until the magnet was so swollen that it got stuck to the housing. But how it manifested was that I had to turn the pump on and off several times a week and to get it started was exactly as you described.
 
This happened to me early on. I finally figured out that the magnet was busted.... Ever so slightly. I was a newb and didn't know that could happen, but that was the cause. Double check for any cracks on the magnet when you disassemble.

I actually didn't find it until the magnet was so swollen that it got stuck to the housing. But how it manifested was that I had to turn the pump on and off several times a week and to get it started was exactly as you described.
Ill take the wetside apart again, it all looked fine. But i am new so may have missed it
 
I’d disassemble the wetside. If the prop doesn’t spin easily, it will cause the whole housing to spin. Also, could be a bad wetside, the magnet will swell and crack and sometimes cause this issue. If you can take a pic of the wetside magnet and post it someone may be able to tell.
I will do that when i get home!
 
5EEADA01-1EC9-4D4E-BD5B-804025796BC0.jpeg
06AC9194-80AC-4C92-9688-588DF3323C31.jpeg
16F4F400-67E5-491B-99E6-32C1C9142E1C.jpeg
4EC16C66-65C8-4B79-8D0E-241224CC7E06.jpeg
 
That’s the 2 wetsides. Let me know if they look bad
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top