Mr.Rocc's 40 Nuvo Build (Picture heavy!!!)

First I wanna talk about how great @AlgaeBarn is with there customer service. As soon as I bought the product I got confirmation emails. As soon as it shipped I got an email. And lastly it showed up exactly when it was supposed to. They made ordering so easy for me and I would recommend them to anybody!
With that being said I also added a watchman goby to my tank. It's such a beautiful fish but not very active. However I just bought him yesterday so we will see.
Lastly I here's my parameters, I will start dosing 2 part next week since MG and CA are low but I think I'm doing good so far.

Screenshot_2016-04-28-18-51-39.png
 
Well this was a quick one. I had this goby for four days and I think my LFS sold me an anorectic fish. He just refused to eat. Rip little guy

IMG_20160501_145414599.jpg
 
It's been a while but I have an excellent update for everyone.
1st, I had a calcium issue where I wasn't getting enough calcium out of my water. I started mixing my own water and I'm up to 410 ppm. I also added 3 new corals and a sweet little clownfish! Can anyone name these Zoas?

Screenshot_2016-05-08-19-07-13.png


20160508182108s.jpg


20160508182032s.jpg


20160508181942s.jpg


20160508181710s.jpg
 
Nope! I put the blame on myself and they are a very helpful when I go in there. It was only 20$.
But they were very apologetic.
 
Well guys for those of you who have taken a look at my build here I apologize that I have not been up to date with everything. However, today was my very first frag swap and it was amazing. There was so many sweet people with amazing corals. Of course I only brought cash since the credit card would totally start on fire at one of the events. But none the less i walk away with a ton of stuff and a lot of knowledge. I will be trying to post more including today's purchases.
 
So as I promised here's the update!!! So I upgraded my skimmer to the Aquamaxx HOB-1. I wasn't a fan of how the Tunze was working on my tank. The Aquamaxx works wonders!! Secondly, I changed my light from the Kessil to SB Reeflights. I know some of you are going to think I'm crazy but I didn't like how the light focused so much on one spot of the tank I wanted more visible coverage. The light is working great! I then had a strange dip in my salinity because my skimmer bubbled over... rookie mistake. However I got it stable and its back to normal. During this time I also switched over from IO to Aquaforest and so far its great! So here is some pictures. O and the first pictures are what I picked up yesterday at the Frag swap!!!

IMG_2040.JPG


IMG_2033.JPG


IMG_2030.JPG


IMG_2029.JPG
 
Here are my parameters
Temp - 78
Alk - 9.4
Calc - 450
NO3 - 0/ untraceable
PO4 - 0/ untraceable
Mg- 1360
Salinity - 33ppm 1.025

If anyone sees anything (besides the salinity, thats on its way up) that I should fix please let me know!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top