My 2 Island, 335g tank

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I don't update as much as I should but wanted to let everyone know that even though I always do weekly waterchanges, I have so many large fish and feed heavily that my nitrates were way too high. So after many hours of deliberation and reading I decided to go with a Pax-Bellum macroalgea reactor.
After 3 plus weeks I harvested my first batch of algea and was so pleasantly surprised that befor adding the reactor my NO4 was over 50ppm and 4 weeks later is 10ppm.
IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

I also had a small mishap during new years weekend where my coral got so heavy that it toppled over causing a cooler full of frags. :-)
The tank is doing fantastic once again and I added a trio of Bimacs anthias thanks to Terence Fugazzi's tip while here in town. Thanks again Terence.
_MG_3213.jpg

_MG_2670%20copy.jpg

_MG_2652%20copy.jpg
 
The Pearlberry is now 34 months old from when I bought it as a small frag, March of 2014.

_MG_3750%20copy.jpg


IMG_0513copy.jpg
 
Love the progress photos! Awesome bro!
 
Just wow! Caught your thread from a r2r email update, and I'm so glad that they sent it. Thanks for sharing, your set-up is amazing, and your tank is gorgeous!
 
This is the first time I have seen your tank and it's absolutely stunning. I do have a question that I haven't seen in the thread. What kind of camera and what lenses do you use for your photos? I saw where you mentioned you iso's and I'm going to play with that looking for all the photo advice I can get! Thankyou in advance and again I hope one day my tank can come close to comparing to yours.
 
Amazing Tank and fish collection, an emperor Angel will look stunning in there .
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top