My last tank.. for real this time... 120

GOSKN5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
974
Reaction score
791
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I honestly believe this to be my last one for a really long time.. I absolutely love the dimensions and think a 120 4x2x2 is perhaps the perfect size 4 foot tank..

So I had my 74 tower for 6 months.. cool tank, but I missed the lateral swimming of the fish... caught my wife on just the right day and she said do it haha...

So went from this:
bcae298613b4aa3159a82b0073d705bd.jpg


Bought this (150):
54f1efe8c8c18b05e6927f41c30b7df1.jpg


Decided I didn't want the 150 and wanted a brand new tank.. bought a 120 and got to work...

Thanks to my wife (who did all the painting, sanding, filling etc) ended up with this:
0f3543cc3b9970b5177228edb2a349c4.jpg


Took last weekend to transfer everything over, get the plumbing done etc. To get to this point:
c0a887e6ca9a2c0f4ff201d1cbfca69f.jpg


b6e0f2ba730d98efe59a9e386383c04f.jpg


107c80de9b011f43d357b4f7361e5f45.jpg


Thanks to my LFS Tiki Corals on the suggestion on full syphon. Which is awesome and so quiet..

Sump:
2647a9118326c8dea28ffc572dd1465d.jpg


Lights: (gonna add some T5 eventually)
0222a2914a93a3900deb8a196b7d3cd8.jpg


Now it's time to stock it!!!
 
Wow...that looks fantastic...great job. Last tank...right!
 
Thanks haha.. I'm gonna try my best to fill this one and let it grow in and enjoy it... I always want to change things haha
 
Looks great!
 
Looking terrific.
 
Thanks.. still has a lot of growing up to do haha... but it's coming along
 
Last tank hmmmmm.... That's what I say everytime I upgrade haha. Very nice tank btw.
 
Thanks.. yea I have said those words before haha
 
Beautiful tank! :)
 
That looks great. The paint makes it look like a completely different stand - very nice.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top