Need ideas to make my tank look lively!

Correct, those are called polyps! It bending over may just be it trying to get acclimated. The pic in the specimen container made it look like it was a bit bent before so that's not necessarily weird. Leathers are pretty sturdy so I wouldn't expect flow would make it do that unless your flow is really aggressive.
 
Correct, those are called polyps! It bending over may just be it trying to get acclimated. The pic in the specimen container made it look like it was a bit bent before so that's not necessarily weird. Leathers are pretty sturdy so I wouldn't expect flow would make it do that unless your flow is really aggressive.

Ok just wanted to make sure it wasnt my flow which is not strong but it looks like its moving and my wavemaker is directly blowing at it. I didnt want it to fall off the piece of rock because it almost did and i had to try to wedge it alittle tighter. I guess ill leave it alone for now
 
If you're worried about your flow, I might move it. It looks like it came on a little piece of rock, so, you'd be fine just setting that on the sand. Probably better for light acclimation as well.
 
You guys gave me an awesome idea about starting with some easy corals because I actually love it and want some more as soon as i get paid lol. My only thing is do you guys think I may have to part with my snowflake eel? He will not munch on anything but he is usually all over the tank n im afraid he will knock any coral i have. I realized i cant put anything in the sandbed because of him. He will for sure have sand all over it. The only chance of having both if they are higher but im still afraid of him knocking it down. What do you'll think?
 
You guys gave me an awesome idea about starting with some easy corals because I actually love it and want some more as soon as i get paid lol. My only thing is do you guys think I may have to part with my snowflake eel? He will not munch on anything but he is usually all over the tank n im afraid he will knock any coral i have. I realized i cant put anything in the sandbed because of him. He will for sure have sand all over it. The only chance of having both if they are higher but im still afraid of him knocking it down. What do you'll think?

You worry too much :-) Put it in the sand, it'll be fine. If for some reason it's not, you can alway rearrange things.
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1466625823.635429.jpg


So i knw this guy tht wants to sell me this rock for 60 he said he wants to empty his tank. What are those?
 
Well I think the green one is Pachyclavularia sp. the orange ones are Discomosa and some Zoanthus.
I don`t know the prices in USA but here it would be a fair Price.
 
Hmm i guess once i take a clearer pic of the rock i have they will be easier to identify... Better pics coming soon!
 
Hmm i guess once i take a clearer pic of the rock i have they will be easier to identify... Better pics coming soon!
How's the new corals doing?
 
How's the new corals doing?

Thanks for asking :)... So far the gsp opened up
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1467153977.555408.jpg


As well as the big rock with those other things on them. The only thing tht has not opened up since my last w/c which was 2 days ago is this
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1467154096.424670.jpg


So i moved it in a different spot to see if this area would be better and I notice the foot is not as attached to the rock anymore [emoji85]... Thts bad right?
 
You guys gave me an awesome idea about starting with some easy corals because I actually love it and want some more as soon as i get paid lol. My only thing is do you guys think I may have to part with my snowflake eel? He will not munch on anything but he is usually all over the tank n im afraid he will knock any coral i have. I realized i cant put anything in the sandbed because of him. He will for sure have sand all over it. The only chance of having both if they are higher but im still afraid of him knocking it down. What do you'll think?

Glad hear that the coral is doing well... well besides the coral no longer attached to a study surface in your most recently picture. Did you end of parting with your eel? I think you could keep him and some corals as well.

- C. Smith
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top