I ordered a couple custom tanks to stack onto one another from a reputable dealer. When I got them the plumbing is for 3/4” drain and 1/2” return. I originally wanted 1” drain and 3/4 return.
The way it was sent to me isn’t what I ordered and won’t fit my needs. I contacted the company and they want to send me a guide to drill the holes myself to the correct size. As of now that’s their solution but I don’t want to drill these custom brand new tank.
what do you think I should do?
I would highly recommend you push back and demand they take responsibility for their mistake. Them requesting you drill the tank yourself, puts you on the hook.
Personally, I would not drill that tank.
Problem is, drilling it yourself will likely give them an easy out if anything happens, as they probably have policies in place. terms and conditions listed on their website, etc. stating any alterations like that will void warranty.
A reputable company would be making it right and if they don’t, leave feedback accordingly. Need to protect the community against vendors that won’t stand behind their products. Obviously, that would be after all efforts to resolve issues are exhausted.
I know you stated the vendors solution was to drill it yourself and offered a $100 credit towards next purchase. That ridiculous, if you haven’t already, reply back that you feel that is not acceptable and if they have no better solution, request a return authorization with shipping on them and a refund for the tank.
if they still refuse to resolve the situation, contact your credit card company and file a dispute.
Again, that would be after all efforts to resolve are exhausted.
Do your part, and if they refuse to do theirs, then take action accordingly.
Even when feedback is negative, no one should feel bad posting fair feedback on vendors, if the vendor sucks, they suck, is what it is.
It’s about protecting the community.
With that said, also leave fair feedback if they resolve the issues. It’s also important to leave feedback when vendors stand behind their products. Again, feedbacks important for the community. we want to do business with vendors that stand behind their products, as well as, avoid the ones that don’t.
let everyone know how this plays out?
Hopefully, they make it rite.