New Waterbox Frag 105.4 Build

I saw the Octo divider and was wondering if any Waterboxers had used it. Was thinking of doing the same thing at some point...making a refugium by dividing the area with the skimmer. Sounds like a refugium was a good choice? And I'm only 5'4"...lol...so a perfect height for me!!!!
works great just make sure u mark and drill out qtr inch size holes along the water line the divider only comes with holes on the bottom which does allow enough flow.
 
IMG_8863.JPG

Starting to get some good growth...
 
hmmmm. I can't play your video...not sure why, it keeps giving me an error. Might just be me tho...
I just fixed it, and while looking thru my pictures I noticed I have flat worms in my refugium :oops: I have dipped everything I put in my tank but that just goes to show something will always get thru....any tips on what to do next I am thinking a Melanurus Wrasse in the DT even tho I haven't seen any in there yet I am guessing they are there. The ones in the sump I will get by hand..
 
4F444E8B-4617-427B-AAA8-466FF7150E45.jpeg

Here are some new pics now Im thinking this is orange coraline but not sure
 
Hope so!! Maybe someone will chime in and let you know. I have no experience with flatworms as of yet.
Unfortunately confirmed its flat worms when they move around quite a bit but luckily I don't see any in the display on the refugium and I just vacuumed them all out. I am going to order a wrasse and try not to stress to much about it.
 
@Maxcmo can i ask your lighting schedule and intensity?
AB+ 100% with a 48% overall intensity on the entire schedule. I was running one from a popular coral wholesaler initially that I thought was to blue and I was not seeing to much happening so I switched back to the AB+ and everything is growing so I am keeping it at that for now.
 
Unfortunately confirmed its flat worms when they move around quite a bit but luckily I don't see any in the display on the refugium and I just vacuumed them all out. I am going to order a wrasse and try not to stress to much about it.
Sounds like a plan. Good luck...always something!
 
@Maxcmo Thanks. Btw i had a flat worm infestation in a 30g long time back.. Flatworm Exit works great.. just need to make sure the water changes are done immediately as the dead worms release toxins.. the wrasse/arrow worm, etc. is no guarantee (also not necessarily will get them all). flat worms are overall really not doing anything much, maybe irritating the corals and very unsightly.. good luck.
 
@Maxcmo Thanks. Btw i had a flat worm infestation in a 30g long time back.. Flatworm Exit works great.. just need to make sure the water changes are done immediately as the dead worms release toxins.. the wrasse/arrow worm, etc. is no guarantee (also not necessarily will get them all). flat worms are overall really not doing anything much, maybe irritating the corals and very unsightly.. good luck.
Thanks for the tip I am going to try the natural route first and worse case do something like you are suggesting. I can't find any in my dt but I am guessing thats probably normal and they are there somewhere. I was able to get them all out of the fuge and will go thru it again this weekend:
IMG_9560.JPG

Great job with the video! Is there any particular filter you're using on the camera? I haven't really tried but short clips I take just look BLUE.
Thanks yeah try this one its cheap and works great:
 
@Maxcmo Thanks. Btw i had a flat worm infestation in a 30g long time back.. Flatworm Exit works great.. just need to make sure the water changes are done immediately as the dead worms release toxins.. the wrasse/arrow worm, etc. is no guarantee (also not necessarily will get them all). flat worms are overall really not doing anything much, maybe irritating the corals and very unsightly.. good luck.
I just ordered a bottle yesterday hopefully it gets here before the weekend. I found where they are hiding in the DT. The base of a large frogspawn is covered in an orange stain and I can barely make out the head. I also have some on the base of a birds nest coral. I don’t see them anywhere else so I am going to try dipping just those two corals for now or am I just avoiding the inevitable?
 
unfortunately its the "ice berg effect"... .there are eggs and etc. flatworm exit is the way to go.. can't stress enough to have enough water ready b/c they die fast and release toxins.. Also would be mentally prepared for some losses.
I would Dip, syphon as many as you can, then use the flatworm exit.. when done do the large water change and run carbon in reactor to get rid of toxins and remaining solution... good luck keep us posted.
 
I had flatworms in a tank once but they didn’t really cause any issues. I just told myself they were part of the clean up crew. I have seen them reach plague proportions but that was in a tank with pretty high nutrients. Not sure if that correlation is causation.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top