Nick’s 180g LED Penninsula!

Looking good!
 
I have 18 inches behind my pennisula which is what I designed.

If it works for you, hey, that's all that matters. It'd take a jar of Vaseline and a crow bar to get me into an 18" gap :P

Love the look... keep posting!
 
If it works for you, hey, that's all that matters. It'd take a jar of Vaseline and a crow bar to get me into an 18" gap :P

Love the look... keep posting!


Thanks man. No worries on the size; it’s about the coral!!!!
 
Image1519769352.956248.jpg


The amount of pods are CRAZY! I’ve never had pods like this in a tank other than in my sump. I think what helped is that I seeded my dry rock with the sponge from my trigger systems sump, this probably took over hundreds of thousands of pods to cultivate and they look like little snowflakes [emoji23]
 
Today I added a cleanup crew. First time using hermits, hope things go well! I got 8 hermits, 3 nassarius, 3 cerith, 2 turbo, and 1 more tiger conch
Image1519850496.851955.jpg
h
Image1519850506.723273.jpg
 
Image1520082364.825393.jpg


Picked up this beautiful colony of ORA red planet. Just wait till the light come back on, and I’ll grab a hairy picture ;)
 
Image1520534519.728285.jpg


Cute little WD nub I got from a fellow reefer on here
 
Need some help for what I need for a calcium reactor. Have an apex 2016 I will be using to monitor ph in an Aquamaxx ctech calcium reactor. I will use a new 5lb c02 tank with a a generic regulator and will have a check valve on the reactor. Do I need anything else?
 
So I got my calcium reactor today. Very excited, here it is, the Aquamaxx c-Tech2. Foot for scale lol
Image1521232323.006783.jpg
Image1521232331.192158.jpg
 
Got the calcium reactor dialed in to the best of my ability. I have my solenoid going on at 6.55 and off at 6.40. My question is that it never gets that low. It goes on at 6.55 and goes down to 6.53 then. Should my solenoid keep shutting off like that? Or should it be bigger parameter swings? My alk seems to be pretty steady around 8.0-8.6 so far from what I’ve tested
 
IMG_1251.JPG


Haven’t updated in awhile. Seeing good growth on my acropora so far and we are only around 1 1/2 months in. Working on some Green and brown hair algae now. Tried a refugium to little success, so now it’s gfo. Aquamaxx is completely tuned in now so I’m very happy :) running my internal ph on calcium reactor between 6.9-7.0 with arm media and steady alk at 8.8
 
Was completely dissatisfied with the coloration of my tank, so I decided to change it. So far I’ve battled hair algae and cyano and beat both of them. This time around I sold my ATI 60inch fixture for 3 Ocean Revive T247 which was inspired by Cjs Aquariums. Here is a picture of them all blue in a Jimi Hendrix theme and also my whites on.
IMG_1410.JPG
Image1526494820.849317.jpg
 
Image1526499251.796027.jpg


Also my ORA red planet seems to be MUCH happier!
 
Looks good!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top