Nothing "Hard" Survives in my Tank!!!

OK folks, after nearly a month, here is the ICP test results. I see nothing that is out of the ordinary other than the nitrate level that shows 236.7 mg/l which equates to 236ppm. I wrote ATI back because if the nitrates are 236, then everything in my tank would be dead. My fish and soft corals are thriving, and my ATI test shows nitrates at 5. SO...their test results are WAY off. Most everything else seems legit.

Also, the RODI test shows high silicon. I think that might be due to the DI resin in the RODI system.

Still scratching my head....
You have a few things going on, here is a few, did you see these?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20220824-170335_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824-170335_Drive.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 64
You have a few things going on, here is a few, did you see these?
yes, calcium has always been high--even without dosing. The other things are just a little elevated, but not what I would consider extreme. The bromine level msut be from the reef crystals because nothing else I dose with ahs it in it.

I did see a high level of aluminum, and I think that might be from the phosphate RX where I add few drops here or there to keep them in check.
 
Did you ever consider the light levels looks a little low but that orange and green critter looks like it is doing well? Photos of my 15 gallon tank not sure what water parameters are at just one fish a gramma loreto (royal gramma)she is about 4 years old
 

Attachments

  • 967CC09E-6E7C-4176-A925-4258D6F9A1A3.jpeg
    967CC09E-6E7C-4176-A925-4258D6F9A1A3.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 55
  • C297D03F-7641-422D-BC4F-83F7C180D300.jpeg
    C297D03F-7641-422D-BC4F-83F7C180D300.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 42
  • F63BACAA-D011-4AD0-8115-F932B818A174.jpeg
    F63BACAA-D011-4AD0-8115-F932B818A174.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 15218712-3193-4DAC-8C2B-46AC3192C82F.jpeg
    15218712-3193-4DAC-8C2B-46AC3192C82F.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 37B52146-F0E8-406E-BB75-71DDFC884C1D.jpeg
    37B52146-F0E8-406E-BB75-71DDFC884C1D.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 46
yes, calcium has always been high--even without dosing. The other things are just a little elevated, but not what I would consider extreme. The bromine level msut be from the reef crystals because nothing else I dose with ahs it in it.

I did see a high level of aluminum, and I think that might be from the phosphate RX where I add few drops here or there to keep them in check.
I guess If you don't consider them an issue, I'm not sure what I can contribute, good luck with this
 
One other possible thing, are any sprays or contaminants such as furniture polish/deodorant/air freshener etc. being used in the room? If they are, this could cause your tank problems.

The same goes if you have soap or chemicals on your hands, this could be a potential problem without realising.

Also, have you double-checked your water temperature using different thermometers?
 
Another issue could be the leathers in your tank. I've had issues trying to have leathers and SPS in the same tank. I think they release toxins in the water that kill SPS pretty quickly.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top