Octo High End SPS Skip Cycle Build....

SCOP

74352487-7942-431A-B0BB-AE9A7085EF47.jpeg
 
Just read back on this whole thread and really like this tank! If I had this at work I wouldn’t actually get any work done lol would just stare at the tank all day! Great job!

lol Thanks! I do find I spend a lot of time with my flipper magnifying thing looking at every inch or playing around in the sump. Always something to do. Makes the day go by fast. When not in a meeting or on a call I’m playing with the tank
 
Looks AWESOME. Can't wait to see everything growing and covering the base rock. What are you dosing beside Alk and Calcium? Do you feel the need to dose anything else?

Great job man, it looks so good!
 
Looks AWESOME. Can't wait to see everything growing and covering the base rock. What are you dosing beside Alk and Calcium? Do you feel the need to dose anything else?

Great job man, it looks so good!

Thanks! I appreciate it! I dose a lot of stuff. Also get Triton tests done every month. Sometimes I’ll dose Boron and Valedium based on the results

17ml Tropic Marine AFR via DOS daily
4ml easyreefs Easy SPS evo via DOS daily
4ml easyreefs easy booster via Versa daily
3ml acropower via Versa daily

KZ Line is dose by hand:
flatworm stop 1.5ml a day
coral booster 1.5ml every other day
acroglow 3 drops a day
zeobak 2x wk
coral snow 3x wk
coral snow plus 1-2x wk
A Balance 2ml a day
B Balance 1.5ml a day
pohls xtra special 1.5ml a day
coral vitalizer 2 drops twice a week
sponge power 2 drops a day
bio mate 2x wk
 
Wow , you dose a lot of stuff! Do you know your daily Kh/Ca Consumption? Any you find very beneficial in specific?

This will be a very rewarding tank once it grows, will also be a pain when they don't stop growing and you have to keep cutting them :p :p

Also do you do weekly water changes , or you dose so much because you don't do them?

Thanks!
 
KH/CA consumption is leveled by the all for reef. I could do the math and tell you what 17ml of that replaces but I don’t want to lol. I adjust the dosage based on alk. My alk stays steady at 8-8.5 using 17ml and ca and Mag barely move from 440 and 1400 respectively. Since I use so much stuff I don’t know what works more than something else but as long as everyone stays happy I’m not changing anything. I can say with certainty that my tank has taken off with growth since I stopped dosing NoPox and started dosing easy reefs sps food and booster. I used to do weekly water changes of 20% until a month ago. Now I do them every other week. you are right though, husbandry is gonna be a PIA sooner than later but this tank is gonna seed my in wall build sometime next year of 300 gallons. It really was more of a experiment that so far is doing really well
 
Excited about this shipment I received this morning from Joker Corals! From left to right: JCC Superman Tenuis, JF Jolt, CB Maleficent, JF Homewrecker.

can’t wait to get these acclimated and in the tank! They’ll go great with my last order from Joker Corals that had a JCC Captain Jerk, CB Sin City and JCC Sakura.

AFF1FB71-F75A-4B8C-B66B-354BFD3BC5AE.jpeg
 
Amazing tank and growth.
I can say with certainty that my tank has taken off with growth since I stopped dosing NoPox and started dosing easy reefs sps food and booster.
Curious if you see more copepods or sponges since using easy booster? Also if you noticed anything else using easybooster?
 
Love this tank, really similar to mine (32g cube) with really similar stocking.

Can I ask what general par or watts you running over these with the G5’s? Still trying to dial in my reefi LED and very curious on what you are running since it is the same tank size and you r getting great acro crusting...

Is the easy sps the only thing dosed? Any aminos or anything macro like roids? And do you dose the easysps via pump or just manual? Sorry for the questions just so curious bc of the similarities.

Thanks for sharing and I’m following along!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top