Opinions about my new tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eve
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Okay, now I am thinking what if it is cyano? How did my tank get that bacteria :( ??? How do I know if it is?
It’s just different forms of life taking hold on your rocks. It’s perfect and normal. It just needs more time to mature. Keep nutrients low but detectable the first 6 months at least while it’s maturing.
 
Just a sign your tank is doing well. The more time that goes by the more spread you'll have in your tank. That's why I liked saltwater tanks when I first started out I just bought a couple of live rocks from the LFS and bought the rest dry rock from MarcoRocks and over time coralline algae just spreaded all over the rocks and t=my tanks. I just have to keep up with scraping the coralline of the glass

I know!! It’s amazing how things keep changing! I can’t wait for the tank to start looking more colorful lol
 
It’s just different forms of life taking hold on your rocks. It’s perfect and normal. It just needs more time to mature. Keep nutrients low but detectable the first 6 months at least while it’s maturing.

Oh good!! Yes, my tank is pretty new so I am sure I have a lot to go with it lol , but I like it. I just need to be more patient :p
 
Oh good!! Yes, my tank is pretty new so I am sure I have a lot to go with it lol , but I like it. I just need to be more patient :p
Tell if its cyano - you can use your hand or something to make water flow over it - if it goes away (floats) its cyano - if not its probably corraline
 
Tell if its cyano - you can use your hand or something to make water flow over it - if it goes away (floats) its cyano - if not its probably corraline

Okay, I tried and nothing comes off.. :eek:.. my clownfish is not happy with me. I have been putting my hand in their tank all day haha.
 
Green and red are a good sign. Things are moving along. If your red is Cyanobacteria, you’ll be able to scrape it easily with a toothbrush. Coralline is much more difficult to remove. Either way, both are normal. I know more than anyone, that patience is easier said than done. When it comes to my tank, I am the most impatient person in the world. I get it. Try to resist the urge to dump in a bunch of “cure all” potions. Most of them have little effect and, over time, will cause more issues instead of fewer. Also, try really hard to keep your hands out of the tank. Use a turkey baster and not your hands when you try to remove stuff. It seems like no matter how many times you wash your hands, stuff still gets in the water.

Anyway, it’s looking great! Keep up the good Work!
 
Green and red are a good sign. Things are moving along. If your red is Cyanobacteria, you’ll be able to scrape it easily with a toothbrush. Coralline is much more difficult to remove. Either way, both are normal. I know more than anyone, that patience is easier said than done. When it comes to my tank, I am the most impatient person in the world. I get it. Try to resist the urge to dump in a bunch of “cure all” potions. Most of them have little effect and, over time, will cause more issues instead of fewer. Also, try really hard to keep your hands out of the tank. Use a turkey baster and not your hands when you try to remove stuff. It seems like no matter how many times you wash your hands, stuff still gets in the water.

Anyway, it’s looking great! Keep up the good Work!

Hii, thank you so much. I will keep my hands off the tank haha, I know it is bad...I was just trying to make sure it was coralline since apparently it’s too soon for me to see it? But who knows.. :) thank you again for your advice. :)
 
I know!! It’s amazing how things keep changing! I can’t wait for the tank to start looking more colorful lol

It will be filled with corals in no time and u will want a bigger one[emoji14] I started with a 29g and three month later got a 150g and now it's full. Just relax and let it cycle u can spend alot of money chasing your tale in this hobby. Good luck hope to see some some beautiful reef pic soon
 
It will be filled with corals in no time and u will want a bigger one[emoji14] I started with a 29g and three month later got a 150g and now it's full. Just relax and let it cycle u can spend alot of money chasing your tale in this hobby. Good luck hope to see some some beautiful reef pic soon

Thank you!! And yes I have been thinking about moving them to a bigger one, but I want to wait for the arc eye hawkfish to get bigger. And yes I have a spent more than what I thought haha [emoji23] but totally worth it.
 
Thank you!! And yes I have been thinking about moving them to a bigger one, but I want to wait for the arc eye hawkfish to get bigger. And yes I have a spent more than what I thought haha [emoji23] but totally worth it.
Yea I remember when my first fish got sick I spent like probly over a hundred dollars in stuff trying save it. And just stressed it out more. Yea you will find fish that u want that need a bigger tank Nd once ur hook on corals then u will really start spending money[emoji7]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top