Op's on acclimating possible gift green long tentacle anom.

Ok Thanks , I have a varied depth in the sand bed. There are 5 fish a mated pair of maroon clowns ,a melanarus wrasse & 2 butterfly's ccb & raccoon.
also the kind of reference was over one token Kenya tree coral so technically I can call it a reef. LOL
As for parameters There were no nutrients testing in his tank salinity was just a little high . The Alk was 10 + which I found puzzling. seeing how my friends tells me he hasn't done a water change in a long time. I'm having issues keeping alk up in my tank. Takes a lot of dosing & an ato full of Kalkwasser.
there will be another tasting if & when the time comes. Thanks all for the advice !
 
Last edited:
Testing no nutrients is actually extremely common in a tank with a TON of Algae or something that really loves them like Kenya...etc. There is a TON in there, those things need it to survive, they're just being wrapped up into those things making the amount actually there undetectable.

The only thing I tend to agree with you on is the strangely high dKH. With a number that high I would expect to see coraline everywhere instead of algae. You may want to have a look at calcium. I would suspect it is either extremely low or the dKH reading is an error. Either way just some things to look into.

Outside of that CBB can be hit or miss with Nems. You may want to do some research on them and the racoon just to make sure they're not known Anemone nippers. I don't keep either personally so it would be worth investigating. Other then that I wouldn't change much in your tank and just proceed as planned. FWIW you have a heck of a lot of light for that token Kenya :P
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top