Perry's 90 Gallon Acro Dominant Bommie

  • Thread starter Thread starter Perry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I’ve had amazing luck with h202 dosing for the stringy ones.. after lights out dose 1ml per 10 gallons and a cap full of mb7 and they will be gone in a few days.. I have beat them in a couple tanks with just that..
 
I’ve had amazing luck with h202 dosing for the stringy ones.. after lights out dose 1ml per 10 gallons and a cap full of mb7 and they will be gone in a few days.. I have beat them in a couple tanks with just that..

I will keep this in mind if they just won't break, but to me things seem to be heading in a good direction, glass algae is bright green, and I see corraline spores on the bare bottom :)
Thanks for the tip, good info ;)
All the best :)
 
Holy smokes the orphek OR3 reefbars are incredible!
Light over the 36x36 cube will be

Front to back:

OR3 Reefbar
ATI AquaBlue Special
ATI Blue Plus
REEFBREEDERS PHOTON V2 PRO
ATI Blue Plus
ATI AquaBlue Special
0R3 Reefbar

Stupid amount of light ;)
 
Hi all :)
Thought I would share here :)
For anyone interested in following the build, I added a link below :)

20230410_165744.jpg



 
Holy smokes the orphek OR3 reefbars are incredible!
Light over the 36x36 cube will be

Front to back:

OR3 Reefbar
ATI AquaBlue Special
ATI Blue Plus
REEFBREEDERS PHOTON V2 PRO
ATI Blue Plus
ATI AquaBlue Special
0R3 Reefbar

Stupid amount of light ;)
Were you ever a fan of the maxspect lights? I ask because the Orphek bars have the same purplish color and I have struggled to get used to is. I have always run Reefbrites and loved the blue. When I added my OR3 Blue the purple color was so drastic to me.
 
Were you ever a fan of the maxspect lights? I ask because the Orphek bars have the same purplish color and I have struggled to get used to is. I have always run Reefbrites and loved the blue. When I added my OR3 Blue the purple color was so drastic to me.

I didn't notice the purple effect, the blue is deep, and well complimented by the Reefbreeder photon abd t5's, lol. I have lots of light :)
 
I didn't notice the purple effect, the blue is deep, and well complimented by the Reefbreeder photon abd t5's, lol. I have lots of light :)
Yeah, I am running 4 AI 52s a Reefbrite and an Orphek OR3 Blue. Tons of light but the color of the orphek was so different that I noticed immediately. I have the opportunity to sell and jump over to the AI Blades, but the corals are doing great so I am not sure what I want to do. :)
 
Yeah, I am running 4 AI 52s a Reefbrite and an Orphek OR3 Blue. Tons of light but the color of the orphek was so different that I noticed immediately. I have the opportunity to sell and jump over to the AI Blades, but the corals are doing great so I am not sure what I want to do. :)
What are your thoughts on just ReefBrite xho vs just orphek, in regards to color, “pop” and spread?
 
What are your thoughts on just ReefBrite xho vs just orphek, in regards to color, “pop” and spread?
I prefer the look of just reefbrite LED over Orphek but that is because of the purple look. I think Orphek and Maxspect look very similar. As far as "pop", either one does a great job. I have a buddy that runs just Orphek and his corals look absolutely incredible. Spread, I think they are both on par with each other. BRS did a video on spread and the ReefBrite lights performed extremely well. Not sure the Orphek lights were reviewed.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top