Please tell me I'm not the only one

Forgot for 2 days once in a spare bedroom it now has new carpet and new insulation in crawlspace.
 
Did something similar, was doing a water change had the hose pulling water into a bucket, walked away lost track of time came back to the bucket overflowing.
 
Haha I do it just about everytime I fill my buckets. I need to setup a auto shutoff but I never have.
 
A local reefer learned the hard way not to run the water line directly to the tank. Overflowed and killed everything except some zoas due to hypo salinity.
 
Last edited:
After reading all these I'm soo glad I got the water leak sensor. Thought I'd have time for a run while mine filled up, but was wrong. Nothing more motivating to hurry that run up than the text that there's water on the floor! Only ended up with a small puddle [emoji5]️
 
I used to make water in the bath tub for this very reason.

Now I have a Brute can with a float switch and the drain goes outside. There is also a 3/8 overflow drain on the Brute in case of float valve malfunction.

If it can happen. Plan for it.
 
After reading all these I'm soo glad I got the water leak sensor. Thought I'd have time for a run while mine filled up, but was wrong. Nothing more motivating to hurry that run up than the text that there's water on the floor! Only ended up with a small puddle
emoji5.png
️
I have flooded the basement multiple times; fortunately there is nothing to be damaged and I found that the water would be absorbed into the concrete in a day or two. Recently I found the following at BRS and I should now not have to worry the sound it makes when it senses water will wake the dead !!
I used to make water in the bath tub for this very reason.

Now I have a Brute can with a float switch and the drain goes outside. There is also a 3/8 overflow drain on the Brute in case of float valve malfunction.

If it can happen. Plan for it.


I found the Watchdog Leak Detector at BRS, http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/watchdog-leak-detection-alarm.html , the alarm is quite loud and should help me from flooding the basement any more.

Dave
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top