Well it finally got me. High winds in northern michigan just knocked out power at my home and I'm at work. The wife is nervous about getting our generator going because she's not familiar with it. Im already getting stressed out but I know I have some time.
My system is just under 60gallons total.
My 2 issues right now are temp and O2. Temp runs at 78 normally and I know it will take some time for that to really start plummeting. As far as O2 goes the tank is currently sitting with no flow going. So 0 gas exchange happening.
I'm curious as to how long I can get away with this. Power is hit or miss all around our region right now so I'm not holding high hopes that our electric provider will be on top of this right away. Just looking for opinions on when I should start to go into panic mode and possibly bail out of work to make sure I'm not going to loose everything. My shift at work won't end for another 8hrs and I won't be home for 9hrs if I decide to stay all day.
My system is just under 60gallons total.
My 2 issues right now are temp and O2. Temp runs at 78 normally and I know it will take some time for that to really start plummeting. As far as O2 goes the tank is currently sitting with no flow going. So 0 gas exchange happening.
I'm curious as to how long I can get away with this. Power is hit or miss all around our region right now so I'm not holding high hopes that our electric provider will be on top of this right away. Just looking for opinions on when I should start to go into panic mode and possibly bail out of work to make sure I'm not going to loose everything. My shift at work won't end for another 8hrs and I won't be home for 9hrs if I decide to stay all day.


