Do you have advice on that quick hospital tank setup? My clowns have both had worms coming off of/out of them this week (both in the tank for 4 months), Also I like the intank upgrade but have found that it slows my return pump flow significantly.
[/QUOTE
Absolutely!
First what are you using for a return pump? Stock? If so, I suggest switching it to an MJ1200 (NOT the maxi jet Chinese crap one.... but the actual MJ Italian made one)
There are some other upgrades too but this one will help the most...
As for the hospital tank set up... what I do is keep a baggie of Biomax or similar in the InTank Basket made for the Chaeto.... then for my hospital tank I use a 20g or 40g tank (depending on what I need to use it for- IE: how many fish) and then I use a HOB Aqua Clear filter.... Stock the filter with the baggies of biomax (it’s already cycled because it’s been in your DT cycling this whole time... (could be months or even years) Then a layer of filter floss (I personally love the filter floss from InTank... it’s both cheap and quality).... just be sure if you are medicating that’s you skip the carbon or purigen bag as it will take out the meds.... I usually throw in a small bottle of Biospira but it’s not needed it’s just for Good measure and because I am slightly over paranoid lol
But it’s as simple as that.... then when your done medicating toss out the bag of Biomax and start a new one seeding in your DT!
Hope that makes sense