Radion G5 XR15 pro and magnifica

I saw @outerbank three Magnifica In person a few weeks ago. Very beautiful and healthy. How long have you have this anemone Scott? I remember at least 10 years.
 
13 and 1/2 years. They were under MHs and VHOs for the first 12 years and have adjusted well to the ecotechs after I initially injured them from the LEDs set too high.
 
Can you share some pics? @outerbank
@outerbank @OrionN so yesterday after I cranked light from 75 to 100% it expelled zooxanthellae. Today the mouth is tight, but the body looks swollen. Is this just it relaxing from the stress or injury I caused with the 100% light? I thought it might walk, but it's staying put.

Also, how quickly do they change color. I noticed the anemone darker in the past two days since I adjusted the light.
20200623_125528.jpg
 
I always have a lot of light in my tank and I don’t increase the light slowly for my animals. I just put them where ever I think they will be happy and leave them be.
 
@outerbank @OrionN so yesterday after I cranked light from 75 to 100% it expelled zooxanthellae. Today the mouth is tight, but the body looks swollen. Is this just it relaxing from the stress or injury I caused with the 100% light? I thought it might walk, but it's staying put.

Also, how quickly do they change color. I noticed the anemone darker in the past two days since I adjusted the light.
20200623_125528.jpg
Looks like it is doing well overall and should recover. Mine bleached much worse than that and recovered. It took mine months, but it was almost white. Yours should improve nicely over the next month.
 
for reference. This was theanemone under the XR15 on those settings Tank was 18inch deep from top to bottom. The light was 12 inches off the surface
IMG_20191129_094554953.jpg

20 years ago, I use to have mine 4 inches from a 175 watt metal halide and 300 watts of Blue VHOs and it loved it. If the foot is stretching up more then a few inches then it wants more light.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top