Rayns 120 in wall basement plus other tanks build!

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Messages
3,351
Reaction score
2,806
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I would document and get help along the way from friends here on R2R. Since our move to a new, read different as its 100+ years old, house...a broken foot...and a month long out of town for work deal I am hopefully ready to start.

Working with a empty unfinished basement I get to pretty much do what I want. I have a standard 120 drilled for a bean overflow. Panworld 250 for return flow. Most likely two MP40 for in tank flow. Bashsea skimmer and reactor. Current plans are for a dual MH fixture I already have, but that may change later. Sump will be a 40b home built style. Also have some Black Friday sales coming including plumbing fixtures and a full apex.


And the disaster soon to be a running tank.



image.jpg
 
I just want to tag along, my help is limited:rolleyes:!


...fantastic so far, great job!
 
image.jpg
Figured while he wife was out shopping I would throw together the stand for the frag tank.

I want to start plumbing, but I'm waiting on parts. Did get a few electric spots ran on new circuits last night too.
 
Hi Doug! Following along! I'm excited to see it all come together, looks awesome so far!
 
Looks like a mess to me! It's coming together slowly though. I'm actually looking forward to the build after this one. It's gonna be fun.
 
Well I figure this build will encorporate three tanks. DT, QT, and a frag tank. I only have one more build planned at this moment, but this has to be running first. I am hoping to do a shark/ray pond build since I have a basement now.
 
Well I figure this build will encorporate three tanks. DT, QT, and a frag tank. I only have one more build planned at this moment, but this has to be running first. I am hoping to do a shark/ray pond build since I have a basement now.
That would be pretty cool, can't wait to see it! You definitely have your work cut out for you! Is Abbey's tank still up and running?
 
Abbeys tank comes and goes as she still is figuring out what she likes. Everything was tore down a few months ago when we moved though.
 
image.jpg

Decided to try my hand at making a glass overflow tonight. Came out pretty good. Waiting for the caulk to cure now.
image.jpg

Got the frag tank half full of water and the temporary(I think) LED light over it. Waiting for water to warm and start moving corals over.
image.jpg


Starting to get that familiar blue glow back!

Oh, and in ticked at UPS. Should of had my plumbing parts delivered today. At 7:45 there is still no package. How can I plumb my DT without the parts?!
 
image.jpg


Finally moved everything over from the 20 I had running into the 40. This is grow out/frag tank for the 120. 20 will become QT. Just a few corals in there that I had, couple acans, zoas, and a blasto. In the container towards the back is my carpet anemone. It has unfortunately shrunk quite a bit, but albeit small it looks good with a tightly closed mouth.
 
You broke your foot!?

What kind of fish are you planning?

That's a massive beautiful tank. What a tonne of work ahead of ya.....
 
You broke your foot!?

What kind of fish are you planning?

That's a massive beautiful tank. What a tonne of work ahead of ya.....

Yep, dropped a torque converter from a transmission on it. Hurt...just a little bit.

Have no idea on what fish yet, am really wanting a shark tank but not sure even this is big enough.

Tank needs a big buff job. It was running and just drained. Noticing scratches in it now. Should be fun!
 
First firing of the MH after rewiring them and getting the outlets ran.
image.jpg


And just next to the QT tanks that are led

image.jpg
 
It was the chore that went on forever...... and it was messy. Everyone should experience it at least once.......
 
Looks great thus far, nice progress man!
What are your plans for ventilation?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top