RE-Aquascaping: Have you ever changed it up and why?

Have you ever Re-Aquascaped and already established reef tank?

  • YES (post in the thread why)

    Votes: 241 53.7%
  • No I have not

    Votes: 131 29.2%
  • No but am considering it

    Votes: 77 17.1%

  • Total voters
    449
I rescape a little every few months, usually because I need to remove a jerk fish or my hermit crab knocked something over. He's always wedging himself in the most inconvenient places. It often involves me stirring up the never ending detritus and stacking till I like it.
 
I have done this on most of my tanks throughout the years just to change it up a bit and it gives the fish some new areas to explore .
 
To remove one of these evil reincarnations of satan!! It was a model citizen for almost a year then one day, Spawn of satan!! It chased everything in my tank relentlessly, even causing several fish to make a jump for their lives! I tried every type of trap I could think of with no luck. It wouldn't even go near them. Finally I decided that I had had enough. I drained almost all the water and removed just about all my rock before finally netting it! NEVER AGAIN WILL I PUT A BEAUGREGORY IN N MY TANK!!

Screenshot_20200118-180123_Google.jpg
 
To remove one of these evil reincarnations of satan!! It was a model citizen for almost a year then one day, Spawn of satan!! It chased everything in my tank relentlessly, even causing several fish to make a jump for their lives! I tried every type of trap I could think of with no luck. It wouldn't even go near them. Finally I decided that I had had enough. I drained almost all the water and removed just about all my rock before finally netting it! NEVER AGAIN WILL I PUT A BEAUGREGORY IN N MY TANK!!

Screenshot_20200118-180123_Google.jpg

Hey wow wow wow, I had nothing to do with those fish! Not my idea!
 
when I set up the tank originally I cemented some parts but not all. Now I’m regretting not securing parts. Now I’m looking at fixing that.
 
Yes twice, both times because I needed to catch a fish out and couldn't with any rock left inside. Both times I improved the scape however there Is still a few problems with the current one
 
@revhtree , did you ever end up re-Aquascaping to get rid of your hair algae? I’m curious because I’m thinking about rescaping to remove hair algae and create more hiding spaces for stressed fish. Thanks!
 
I have pretty much the same aquascape for the last 5 years and I am pleased with it.
Just added a few small rocks to increse the space for corals.
 
I initially started my current system with all dry rock, and the sterility of the tank drove me nuts. So, I ordered some live rock from TBS, but when I added it to the system I couldn't get the scape to look the way I wanted. TBH, it is something I wrestled with for a long time. Tinkering here and there, moving this, turning that, adding arches, removing shelves, etc.
 
BTW saving the re-aquascape for my future reef tank upgrade. Plan to move all corals and fish from my living room 65 display tank to my current fowlr 125 in my man cave. Then break down 65 display and convince the wife our living room is bla without a reef tank and talking her into letting me buy a huge peninsula tank to separate living room and dining room.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top