Red sea 350 , over a year in

Hi all
Haven't updated for awhile so got some pic from today
I've added a few zoa and a nice Millie colony
I'm also loseing my nice big fat tracky from being stung by a acan ....yes acan
I'm now doseing 44 ml each of the 4 Triton core
Also got myself a Milwaukee salt water refractometer......love it

Iv added 4 yellowback anthias which have settled in nicely apart from one jumping from the tank .......took a day to realise he was gone

Got myself a bounce mushroom which is hard to come by in the UK
Also my nem split again :(, most people would be happy ....I hate them but can't get them out because of were there feet foot is placed

IMG_20180326_182945.jpg


IMG_20180326_182955.jpg


IMG_20180326_182958.jpg


IMG_20180326_183001.jpg


IMG_20180326_182937.jpg


IMG_20180326_182933.jpg


IMG_20180326_182927.jpg


IMG_20180326_182924.jpg


IMG_20180326_182916.jpg


IMG_20180326_183007.jpg


IMG_20180326_183035.jpg


MVIMG_20180326_183040.jpg


MVIMG_20180326_183045.jpg


IMG_20180326_183048.jpg


MVIMG_20180326_202918.jpg


IMG_20180324_171430.jpg


IMG_20180324_171414.jpg


IMG_20180312_171047.jpg


MVIMG_20180311_143421.jpg
 
Very nice pictures Vincent.

If you want to get the anemones to release their foot, try something like a turkey baster, or what I used was a long glass coral feeder with a syringe on the end. You can get them online for a few pounds and it’s basically designed to spot feed corals without getting your hands wet.

I sucked tank water up into it and then just keep squirting around the base of the foot or thereabouts and continue doing this for a short period and it should release its grip. Because it won’t like then sudden increase in flow.

And then get ready to just remove it when it releases

I did this with a beautiful white anemone that decided to go walk about all of my corals killing them!
 
@SPR1968 thank you very much for that bit of info mate .....that will be happening in the next few hours for sure :)
I'll post and let you know how it went
 
Frag tank is getting emptied in a few days
Frags Sold to my LFS :rolleyes:

Not bad pics considering its my phone :)

MVIMG_20180530_144812.jpg


IMG_20180530_144817.jpg


IMG_20180530_144821.jpg


IMG_20180530_144827.jpg


IMG_20180530_144854.jpg


IMG_20180530_144938.jpg


IMG_20180530_144944.jpg


IMG_20180530_145011.jpg


MVIMG_20180530_145023.jpg


IMG_20180530_145029.jpg


IMG_20180530_145043.jpg


IMG_20180530_145051.jpg


IMG_20180530_145101.jpg


IMG_20180530_145111.jpg


IMG_20180530_145137.jpg


IMG_20180530_145413.jpg


IMG_20180530_145420.jpg


IMG_20180530_145342.jpg


IMG_20180530_145353.jpg
 
Last edited:
WOW great job!
 
Not posted any pictures for a while now , so here's some :D
First lot frag tank, filled back up now after selling all my zoa frags to my LFS

Second lot, a few from the DT

IMG_20180710_162241.jpg


IMG_20180710_162225.jpg


IMG_20180710_162221.jpg


IMG_20180710_162216.jpg


IMG_20180710_162206.jpg


IMG_20180710_162156.jpg


IMG_20180710_162152.jpg


IMG_20180710_162150.jpg


IMG_20180710_162146_1.jpg


IMG_20180710_162143.jpg


IMG_20180710_162137.jpg


IMG_20180710_162133.jpg


IMG_20180710_162129.jpg


IMG_20180710_162123.jpg


IMG_20180710_162118.jpg


IMG_20180710_162114.jpg


IMG_20180710_162108.jpg


IMG_20180710_162059.jpg


MVIMG_20180710_162021.jpg


MVIMG_20180710_162025.jpg
 
Excellent job!!!
 
Great to see another local reaching out on this great forum :)

Great looking tank mate,

A.
 
Thanks mate , where you from ? :)
 
Last edited:
Sure do , I'm just on the other side of the bridge ...... Literally:)
 
Well just got my new frag tank in the garage
Still very dirty but never been used , still has the stickers inside the tank
Just about to clean it up
I'm not sure of the size so I'm guessing about 200 liters in each tank , maybe if I measure someone can work it out for me because I have no clue how to do it

IV got the boss of my LFS coming Monday to hard plum it than I gonna fill it with 50% water from my other 2 tanks and than the rest NSW
Got a new bubble Magus skimmer G7
And a Eheim 5000 return pump
IV a old aqua Medic doser pump sitting about

LFS man said he's gonna plum so I have 3 returns going back into the top tank and one also pumping into the bottom tank so I shouldn't need to add any power heads

Anyway back to cleaning I'll post some once clean properly and on monday show how it's been plumbed

Sorry couldn't help posting a few pics of my little mate that lives a the LFS ....I call him Dave lol

MVIMG_20180721_184115.jpg


IMG_20180721_184627.jpg


IMG_20180721_184633.jpg


IMG_20180721_184642.jpg


IMG_20180721_184647.jpg


IMG_20180721_184656.jpg


IMG_20180721_184705.jpg


MVIMG_20180721_184710.jpg


IMG_20180721_184737.jpg


IMG_20180721_184805.jpg


IMG_20180721_184832.jpg


IMG_20180721_184839.jpg


IMG_20180721_184844.jpg


IMG_20180721_122555.jpg


IMG_20180721_122559.jpg


MVIMG_20180721_122603.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top