Haven’t posted an update in a while. Tank has been up and down since it was started.
Equipment wise, the coral box doser is completely up and running.
Purchased some adhesive zip tie mounts off amazon to manage the tubing.
Dosing NoPox, calcium, KH, and magnesium daily. Depending on the mag level, may have to go to every other day or more for the dose, as I’m only doing 1ml/day and it rose a decent amount already. Replaced the tubing it came with with some Drew’s dosing tubing from BRS. Haven’t had any air bubbles yet and the calibration seems to be a lot better than the mini airline tubing I was using from PetsMart.
Also thinking about switching to BRS's new pharma pouches as I have also added Red Sea's coral colors program for trace element replenishment. I'm currently dosing all Red Sea products, but the foundation products are getting expensive to replenish. I feel the cost savings will far out way the actual product differences.
For livestock, can’t say things have been going well. My most recent purchase have almost all passed or gone missing, including my 2 year old peppermint shrimp. The watchmen goby and shrimp were found victims to the snails/crabs. Both pairs of chromis and fire fish have also gone missing. I felt I appropriately acclimated them so I’m not sure what went wrong. I know the fire fish made a small cave under or near the center rock, so maybe the snails/crabs got them and they couldn’t get away?
I’m going to lay off purchasing more livestock for the mean time.
I think this is part of the tank being new but I’m experiencing quite a bit of a brown hair like algae on all the rocks and most of the sand. Nitrates and phosphates are almost undetectable so I’m assuming just part of the tank maturing?
*I know it looks like a purple slime in the pic, but it's not, it is a brown hair like algae appearance, the blue lights don't do well with my iPhone camera*