Red Sea Reefer Tank Seal Failure

no I did not know that at all. that's shockingly concealing of them, word still gets around anyway even if they're trying to calm social media storms

can anyone hammer them on twitter/youtube page or tok? can this thread be savagely linked to them in some creative way where they have to account to public demand?
 
**we need a blogmaster to take them to task.

I've already burned bridges with reefbeef ya'll could try them potentially

brs has too much skin in the game/sales I'd think to force some discussion

how about melev? someone reach out to influencers. Red Sea cannot squelch that for sure.

lets get some podcasts discussing this thread.
 
Well said
 
1. Treat all used tanks (not just Red Sea) as suspect. I'd never knowingly pass off a (potentially) defective tank to an unsuspecting buyer without pointing any issues (however minor) out beforehand. That's just me, though.

2. If you're planning to get a new Red Sea tank get one of the new G2 versions or at least one that has the armored seams.

3. Alternatively, get a Cade and sleep easy.
 
1. Treat all used tanks (not just Red Sea) as suspect. I'd never knowingly pass off a (potentially) defective tank to an unsuspecting buyer without pointing any issues (however minor) out beforehand. That's just me, though.

2. If you're planning to get a new Red Sea tank get one of the new G2 versions or at least one that has the armored seams.

3. Alternatively, get a Cade and sleep easy.
Or Waterbox
 
With this rate of discussion and feedback Red Sea applies to a market in doubt, I would never buy one of their tanks.

if there are QC issues in the past, resolved now, come out and say it Red Sea. say something on the matter. there's a lot of breaks here, in just this one thread.

52 pages of seam fail red sea discussion/ needs linked here, not aiI are negative, shows current market balance

 
Last edited:
This is the stuff reefing nightmares are made of. I feel for you! I am
Curious to know if the new G2s will be reliable. For the cost of these tanks they should be bulletproof with no excuses. No sloppy seams and especially no threat of A burst after a short while. I like to sleep At night and to have a tank that you have to worry about would Be to Much stress for Me. It always seemed risky to Me that these rimless tanks push the limit and have been getting larger and larger with no braces. I love the look of rimless tanks though and have one now.
I’ve been looking at IM which has a brace and the new aqua forest tanks have caught my eye but I will Wait to see what the Verdict is on those after they have been out a while. Again for the money these tanks run I often ask my self if custom build Is the way to Go where you can ask for armor seams , bracing etc and maybe feel a little More Confident you won’t have a potential Disaster
 
I've heard enough quality control issues with Waterbox tanks to steer clear of them. And from a customer service standpoint, it's apparently non-existent
Not sure why QA would steer you away from buying them from a consumer level. Waterbox has videos of there factory’s and workers showing the silicone process. Even showing the QA process which proves what you said to be incorrect by showing curing process and 48 hour leak test. A company that willing to be transparent about the products and backing them. Something Red Sea does not do. I also have yet to see anyone have a factory defect causing seam breakage. Not only that but they offer great insurance that back's there product past warranty. Pretty sure insurance companies won’t insure unless they know the products won’t be defective.( thus making the insurance companies money of course).
 
I've heard enough quality control issues with Waterbox tanks to steer clear of them. And from a customer service standpoint, it's apparently non-existent
Leme add there customer service is really good. Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Sounds like you don’t own one anyways
 
Leme add there customer service is really good. Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Sounds like you don’t own one anyways
Not everybody's experience is the same. I do own a WB and had an issue with their quality control and customer service in addressing the issue.
 
This was a second hand tank and we know nothing about how it was handled so how about before trashing all Red Sea you consider this.
Why can other tanks be 2nd, 3rd or 4th user owned but not the salt and test kit company who decided to make overpriced tanks?
 
Redsea has similar videos on youtube.
Not sure why QA would steer you away from buying them from a consumer level. Waterbox has videos of there factory’s and workers showing the silicone process. Even showing the QA process which proves what you said to be incorrect by showing curing process and 48 hour leak test. A company that willing to be transparent about the products and backing them. Something Red Sea does not do. I also have yet to see anyone have a factory defect causing seam breakage. Not only that but they offer great insurance that back's there product past warranty. Pretty sure insurance companies won’t insure unless they know the products won’t be defective.( thus making the insurance companies money of course).
 
Why can other tanks be 2nd, 3rd or 4th user owned but not the salt and test kit company who decided to make overpriced tanks?
Well we just don't know how it was handled. I had a Red Sea nano my son was helping me move and he dropped his side 4 feet and broke off the bottom corner. I used it for a year after that. I then tried to pull it apart to put the pieces in the trash and couldn't budge the panels without a knife. Obvious though from the reports that something is wrong and I bought a Reefer 250 in 2020 and the silicon looks like crap now and the workmanship when new was sloppy. No leaks though or separation.
 
I don’t follow..
Someone said it was the second owner, so it had moved from one place to the other and potentially caused a leak. Other tanks like marine land, aqueon etc move several times in some case and don’t have the same problem, bad excuse for Red Sea
 
PS - he dropped it on a piece of cardboard that was on the concrete so had a little cushion.

Based on my new house I say the quality of anything built in the Covid years is crap.
 
Not everybody's experience is the same. I do own a WB and had an issue with their quality control and customer service in addressing the issue.
What exactly is the quality control issue???. You do realize quality assurance is the process on how they check their tanks to make sure that they’re not leaking and there making a good product. This is a factory level process. I don’t understand how it’s affecting you at home with your water box tank. Maybe you bought your water box tank a long time ago when they were just starting out but their customer service now is amazing.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top