Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

I have two over my 160 and third should be here by Thursday. Mine have worked great. I have no complaints.
 
I just received my lights and am wondering how to tell if they have the 120 degree optics. Paul
 
I have a 180 but I have some areas of dark with the tank because of the way I built it. I am thinking of selling the awesome 180 and getting 2 165s
 
Peanut,

I am assuming you purchased 120 degree optics?

if so- easy way to tell - do the optics look the same? Take a close look and if they look the same - they are all 120.

Simple.

Rick
 
OK to many wires or maybe to many brain cells killed, I need some help. The situation: two165e, a reef keeper elite, and lots of wires with no directions. Paul
 
I set up my timers, set my power channels for adv light and set the appropriate output % and then went to the ALC and did the same thing under the DIM channels.... lights are on. Sound right?
 
I just did that setup for mine. Here is part of an email that Charles sent me. This helped me.

"Each cable has a red and a black. One cable's red should go to pin 1 and black to pin 2, the other cables red should go to pin 5 and black to pin 6."

When I set mine up in the Alc I used dim a for the whites and dim b for the blues. Just so you know in both dim a and dim b part of the program you will only use white portion. The white program in dim b will control your blue lights.
The lights will not come on till they are at 40% and they will not go above 75%.
Ken m
 
Last edited:
Thanks Ken! my Alc does not have the pins numbered like that but I get the idea. The Mlc has its pins individually numbered like that though. I will give it a try when I get home. I emailed Charles a couple of times yesterday, hopefully he will get back to me today. Once again I really appreciate your help. Paul
 
Does the 40% to 75% include the whites and the blues? I was not planning to run my white channel that high.
 
The number are the pin numbers on your cat 5 cable tg at you splice into the red and black wires or did you ave them do that for you already?
 
Yeah they are not on when below 40 and they will not go higher then 75. I think that is the limits of either the dinners or the alc not sure which one.
 
Has there been an update on the replacement controllers? The last communication had from Chars was on 11/13. I followed up on 12/23 to see if there was an update and I did not receive a response. On 01/07 I followed up again and this time I included Ricks e-mail and I have not heard anything back. Is there any update on this?
 
I have last years 165 P and used the app download to control it using our tablet.
I had to send it in for a repair, so I had to erase all of my email and files.

When can I get the android, controller app again, as I don't see it on Reef Radiance's website ?

Regards,
Kevin
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top