ReeferMadness80G’s Shallow SPS Reef

e91443245067f25867cdd47255d9dfc5.jpg
b3522538c224849c8df6dbbfaab7f6f5.jpg
f8df9a4a5692f925d892e9aef6139138.jpg

Ok so final color, all in all I have about four coats of paint on everything. I'm happy with it
 
So I moved out of my penthouse apartment and we bought a house! Found a good spot for the tank in the living room. It'll probably still be a little while before my wife allows me to spend the money to get it up and running, but here is a pic of its new spot!
IMG_1477526693.100061.jpg
U don't feel that's close to the stairs. What if u had to move a dresser. Or replace a bed. Once setup. It's not like moving a couch.
 
Got the door from Rob at AcryBox today at RAP! Here is it installed! Came out nice. I'll be putting a big vinyl sticker on it bc it is kinda plain looking, I may put my R2R name and some coral or something.
39cd765ba03e4bfa846d44cf2118c95d.jpg
b5583af2b0733b90d9ca856a528a079b.jpg
8ed8680c44d4399b70b998f3bd2ee4c0.jpg
772c4c43a033925ebd8f5d6b1bb55584.jpg
 
00586f1be2cb660fcd45cf891b5f77fa.jpg
e0a22bd742581b16997eb006ba13b730.jpg
530edf97b0518abdb89b3dbfac094675.jpg
d91c308b4975024ed49182c92e67c609.jpg

Installed my NextReef Mr1 shortys! These were a hard find, I chose them for the color scheme, but they are beautifully made and put together, shame they went out of business. I ran 1/2 ID vinyl tubing with elbows 1/2 HB x 1/2 HB I got from tractor supply(they don't carry them at lowes or ferguson). The straps are at lowes, I believe they are 1/2 inch straps for poly tubing. I thought about going with poly tubing but I had already started with the vinyl idea when I found poly. Maybe if these wear down, I'll replace with poly. Any questions just ask!
 
Sleek plumbing/sump area. I really like that idea with the doors. I had not seen anything like that. It looks very modern.

Those shallow tanks are pretty sweet, I love those dimensions.
 
Sleek plumbing/sump area. I really like that idea with the doors. I had not seen anything like that. It looks very modern.

Those shallow tanks are pretty sweet, I love those dimensions.

Thank you! I was trying to think of something that would minimize the footprint if I wanted to run with the Sump area open or closed, open bc honestly I am spending a lot of time making that area look just as nice so I want to show it off, and closed bc sometimes it's noisy ya know? And I have to give credit to my lovely wife who wanted me to put sliding barn style doors on it so I really got the idea from her :)
 
8f41df1ada2a8e71ec611bd660c365ea.jpg
95117cb3db88596a479417f796920aef.jpg
so i actually did such a good job completely enclosing my stand Sump area that it started to get hot and humid. So I bought this little computer fan and ran a 4" pipe out the back that's feeding the fresh air. So far so good.
 
Super sleek lookin..Nice work!! I`m amazed at people who can do such a clean looking install.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top