Regal angel or copperband butterfly?

Clams, blckworms, spirulina brine

That should do the trick. I don´t have a CBB, I have his cousin Marginalis and I fed him bloodworms until he start eating everything as I cannot find blackworms over here. You are doing things right, hope your CBB will start eating soon. :)
 
My regal ended up going. I tried to get him to eat with mysis,flakes, and even clams on the half shell. He wouldn't touch it. I thought he was doing better, but I guess not. It's odd for him to go so soon I think the stress from the shipping May of done him in? I'm not sure. There's no aggression with the other fish in the tank. I have a yellow tang that has a little bossy side at times. Though, not enough to kill him. Like at night if the angel was in his sleeping hole then he would shue him out and that would be the end of it. No serious aggression with tail flapping against him. He had chances to get food, but he did hide a lot. So, I would put a little in the tank for everyone and then shoot a little over in his area so he would have a chance to eat. There was absolutely no food aggression. The only my yellow tang does with new fish is swim up to them and flare up like who are you and what are you doing in my home type thing. Though, the tang has never been aggressive towards any fish. I also have a ornate wrasse but he's the calmest fish in there, yellow goby and he sits by his hole all day, and a tribal blenny which he's more worried about trying to eat the algae off the wave maker than another fish. I have a 40 breeder which actually has more than enough room for everyone. I am upgrading to a 125 here in the next 6 months to a year. The tang is about 3 inches the wrasse is 4 the goby is like 1 and a half and the blenny is about 3 and half inches. All for the most part fully grown except the tang and the blenny may grow another inch of that. Water Paramus are perfect. The tank has been up and running for 6 months. Had some bumps in the road. Not due to my ill caring for the tank, but things that you wouldn't expect and learned from those accidents. Just don't know why the regal died. Maybe ammonia poisoning to the gills for being in the bag to long? Stressed out from being shipped? To small and couldn't handle it? Just not sure. I was thinking of getting a larger one about 4 inches or maybe 5. Thinking that with it being larger and the same size as the fish in the tank it would do better. It could be that it was scared cause it was so small compared to the inhabitants in the tank. Just not sure.
 
Sorry for the long message just put everything I could think of out there.
 
The fact he even recovered from the way he was says a lot about your care. Unfortunately if he was not eating well it was probably too much for his body to overcome.
 
Like I said man it was the combination of the whole scenario, that fish was not fat and as healthy as it could of been which had he been maybe he would of pulled through fedex's screw up not to mention angels are coming In with flukes like crazy which are often not visible. Still have his body ? Dip him in freshwater if you do see if anything comes off.

Sorry for your loss
 
What do y'all think of possibly getting a larger one? Do y'all think it would have a better chance at survival and adapting?
 
In my honest opinion if you want a challenging fish wait till you get your 125 it's going to give him the best chance of survival. Either that or find a local fish store and observe a fat and healthy one eating before you buy it.
 
Does anyone know of some easier to keep Angels that are reef safe in a way or have a history of being reef safe?
 
Flame, Pygmy, coral beauty, potters angel is really pretty, red stripe angel, lemon peel. All of them are hit or miss with corals. IME I have never had one that picked

Or if you wanna go big I think NY aquatics has an itnterruptus for sale lol I'd wait for the 125 on this one tho.
 
Last edited:
The fact he even recovered from the way he was says a lot about your care. Unfortunately if he was not eating well it was probably too much for his body to overcome.
X2. Not to mention regal angels, especially non-yellow belly variety are exceedingly difficult to keep eating in captivity. Eating prior to shipping is critical but new stress and new tanks can occasionally make them stop.

Sorry for the loss
 
Yeah. I would love to get a interruptus. Made me think if I got a younger one that was smaller say 3 or 4 inches that he could easily live and stay happy in my current tank till I got a larger one in 6 months a year hopefully sooner. Waiting to move out of my moms house into my own and with that I can have as big of a tank I want. Those fish I know take a good bit of years to get big. Though how are interruptus Angels with reefs? Just a thought and I know they are hardier fish too and easier to care for as well.
 
Flame, Pygmy, coral beauty, potters angel is really pretty, red stripe angel, lemon peel. All of them are hit or miss with corals. IME I have never had one that picked

Or if you wanna go big I think NY aquatics has an itnterruptus for sale lol I'd wait for the 125 on this one tho.

Was thinking you were talking about emperor angles unless that's what you meant?
 
Oh dang yeah nevermind I was thinking of emperor Angels lol. Are there any large Angels that are sort of reef safe that re hit and miss. The dwarfs I really have no interest for, but it seems the dwarfs are the ones that are the safest as far as reef tanks. I know the large Angels get well large but I plan on upgrading to keep them happy. I thought it would be cool to get them as juveniles and raise them to big adults
 
Oh dang yeah nevermind I was thinking of emperor Angels lol. Are there any large Angels that are sort of reef safe that re hit and miss. The dwarfs I really have no interest for, but it seems the dwarfs are the ones that are the safest as far as reef tanks. I know the large Angels get well large but I plan on upgrading to keep them happy. I thought it would be cool to get them as juveniles and raise them to big adults
No they're all a gamble, IMO
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top