Resistance Is Futile - 90g "Borg" Cube

And rewatching the video it looks like you had the silver sensor, which would be the newer one, so there you go.

I can check with my reef club on the model, but assuming that's correct does that mean the silver sensor is picking up true par?
 
it's like 80 or 90% of things below 425nm, but still missing anything below 400. So you're probably picking up MOST of it.
 
it's like 80 or 90% of things below 425nm, but still missing anything below 400. So you're probably picking up MOST of it.

Great! So I'll just keep the value a bit lower than what I am shooting for. Right now my RFA is on the sand bed where it's roughly 120-150 PAR.
 
My first BTA order from @FarmerTy was delayed. I decided to push it back a week because a tropical storm is coming close to Texas -- no reason to risk a shipment issue.

On another note, I relocated my flame angel from my 250 to the 90 to see if he's nipping my acropora. I feel bad for the guy, all alone now and has been hiding in the rocks since last night. He's always been shy, but I'll be feeding him a mix of mysis and algae based food when I get off work.
 
My first BTA order from @FarmerTy was delayed. I decided to push it back a week because a tropical storm is coming close to Texas -- no reason to risk a shipment issue.

On another note, I relocated my flame angel from my 250 to the 90 to see if he's nipping my acropora. I feel bad for the guy, all alone now and has been hiding in the rocks since last night. He's always been shy, but I'll be feeding him a mix of mysis and algae based food when I get off work.
I'm glad you said something! I was oblivious to the tropical storm which is sad because I'm only 2.5 hrs away from you!
 
I'm glad you said something! I was oblivious to the tropical storm which is sad because I'm only 2.5 hrs away from you!

Get those leaks fixed if you got any :)

It started raining pretty hard yesterday and this afternoon. I work downtown, so getting to lunch is going to be miserable. Our buildings tunnel access is under construction :(
 
Get those leaks fixed if you got any :)

It started raining pretty hard yesterday and this afternoon. I work downtown, so getting to lunch is going to be miserable. Our buildings tunnel access is under construction :(
I'm hoping it blows my roof half off so I get a new one! [emoji12]

Man, that's unfortunate about the tunnel under construction. Some warm hot gumbo from Treebeards sounds awesome right now.
 
I'm hoping it blows my roof half off so I get a new one!
emoji12.png


Man, that's unfortunate about the tunnel under construction. Some warm hot gumbo from Treebeards sounds awesome right now.

Treebeards are everywhere lol. If you ever go to the tunnels in Houston, my recommendations would be Doozo dumplings or 5411 Empanadas.
 
Update video on my filtration below! I started my skimmer up, refugium going strong, and what clowns i'll be going with next week ;)

 
Following along, one of my personal dream tanks is a clownfish anemone tank! Really great job, such a great aquascape, following along
 
BTA update!

So you saw the picture above in the acclimation container. Here is the progress of the BTA thus far. Tagging @FarmerTy cause his anemones are dang amazing as well as @Amoo just in case he can spot some rare anemone disease or issue ;)

First being added to the tank. Very shy, apparently. Loved the hole I put it in.

IMG_20180912_131336_75.jpg


After a few hours, bubbles were inflating quickly and more tentacles started to expose themselves.

IMG_20180912_185159_00.jpg


Today after work (24 hours later). You can finally start seeing the green florescence, bubbles are in full... bubble?, and many more of the tentacles are exposed.

IMG_20180913_171854_46.jpg


Bonus DSLR pic. The rest were on my phone...

DSC00173.jpg
 
BTA update!

So you saw the picture above in the acclimation container. Here is the progress of the BTA thus far. Tagging @FarmerTy cause his anemones are dang amazing as well as @Amoo just in case he can spot some rare anemone disease or issue ;)

First being added to the tank. Very shy, apparently. Loved the hole I put it in.

IMG_20180912_131336_75.jpg


After a few hours, bubbles were inflating quickly and more tentacles started to expose themselves.

IMG_20180912_185159_00.jpg


Today after work (24 hours later). You can finally start seeing the green florescence, bubbles are in full... bubble?, and many more of the tentacles are exposed.

IMG_20180913_171854_46.jpg


Bonus DSLR pic. The rest were on my phone...

DSC00173.jpg

Woohoo! [emoji119]

I love these guys because they always stay so bubbly compared to most BTAs.
 
I'm actually shocked at how quickly it bubbled up. Right out of the box/during drip, it lost almost all of its bubbles. Within a few hours they were back. Crazy.
 
I'm actually shocked at how quickly it bubbled up. Right out of the box/during drip, it lost almost all of its bubbles. Within a few hours they were back. Crazy.
Other than at night when it retracts, I would expect you to see bubbles on it 90% of the time.
 
Clownfish are on there way! A big thanks to the @chad vossen and @Ryanbrs at Bulk Reef Supply for giving me the hook up on these.

I'll be receiving them tomorrow morning, so updated to come :)

As a side note, I did get my auto-feeder in last week and it's setup in prep for the new fish. I'll be starting off with some of the Sustainable Aquatics hatchery food and eventually onto something larger.
 
Quick update. Got back from out of town and lots to deal with. I'll leave the thread with a few pictures, more details to come later:

DSC00182 (1).jpg


DSC00183 (1).jpg



My gf's brother was responsible for feeding the fish. What a mistake. Nitrates are surprisingly low (3ppm~), so I'm guessing a diatom bloom. I'm working on dialing in my skimmer and a few other things.

IMG_20180923_162921_74.jpg
 
Quick update. Got back from out of town and lots to deal with. I'll leave the thread with a few pictures, more details to come later:

DSC00182 (1).jpg


DSC00183 (1).jpg



My gf's brother was responsible for feeding the fish. What a mistake. Nitrates are surprisingly low (3ppm~), so I'm guessing a diatom bloom. I'm working on dialing in my skimmer and a few other things.

IMG_20180923_162921_74.jpg

Clowns are super cute!
 
Quick update. Got back from out of town and lots to deal with. I'll leave the thread with a few pictures, more details to come later:

DSC00182 (1).jpg


DSC00183 (1).jpg



My gf's brother was responsible for feeding the fish. What a mistake. Nitrates are surprisingly low (3ppm~), so I'm guessing a diatom bloom. I'm working on dialing in my skimmer and a few other things.

IMG_20180923_162921_74.jpg

Loving them big lots! :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top